🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No active contract in my jobs however I have ...
Page options
tanna-f
Community Member

No active contract in my jobs however I have begun work for my client

There isn't an active contract in my jobs however I have begun work for my client, how can I begin the contract on upwork?  

7 REPLIES 7
aitringo
Community Member

Hello Tanna, congrats for your first job on Upwork 😉
After having made your proposal and being interviewed, did you get an offer from your client ?

tanna-f
Community Member

No, we are communicating in our messages but I have not received any sort
of proposal from him. He has sent me all of the video files I need and Has
told me to begin work.

aitringo
Community Member

Okay, let's do it step by sep :
How did you get this job, have you submitted your proposal, then you received a chat message (called interview) ?

tanna-f
Community Member

Yes exactly that! He told me to begin working in the chat messages
mtngigi
Community Member

Tanna F wrote:

You should not be doing any work until you have a contract in place, and the client's payment method has been verified. If you'd like to get paid for working, I suggest you stop working, and spend a few minutes reading about how to use Upwork. Tell your client they need to send you an offer, and then you'll be happy to begin working once you've worked out the terms and accepted their offer.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/

aitringo
Community Member

To make sure that the contract haven't been signed : on the top right of your chat page, you'll see a green button labeled "View proposal". When the contract has been signed, the green button will show "View contract".
So now, I think you should ask your client to send you the offer about your agreement.
This offer will contain the final agreements about the whole project or your first milestone (if it's a fixed price project).
Once offer received, you'll be notified. So you have 7 days to accept it or refuse it. If no action has been taken during the 7 days, the offer will expire.
When accepted, the contract is signed and started officially. With notification.

kat303
Community Member

Tanna F wrote:

-----------------

And you can tell this client that you will be happy to start working just as soon as he offers you a contract AND FULLY funds escrow. 

And until he does that, do NOT do any work. 

This client either is brand new to Upwork and doesn't know any of its procedures.

or

This client is a scammer and he's fully aware of how to trick you because he's done it before to new freelancers such as yourself. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths