cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No answers

Peter R Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
1 of 5

I am new to Upwork, but i have made some "demo" jobs as the client requested in the details, and i have made a lot of proposals, but nobody answered me yet... Is it just because im new, and i don't have a single hour of working time on my profile, so they don't even bother answering me, or I'm doing something wrong?

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 5

By "demo" jobs do you mean that you did work for free?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5

Your profile says, "I am extremely good at both grammar and ortography."

This is a definition of ORTHOGRAPHY (not ortography): The conventional spelling system of a language.

You also have a below average English spelling test score. Don't show that score. Try taking a Hungarian translation test if they have one, and put some examples of your work in a portfolio; you can use some of the free demos you did already.

4 of 5

lol I was too lazy to look it up and thought that word meant something and I just didn't know what it was. Oh Internet. Oh me.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

Peter, you seem like a nice person, but there is no way you will get hired by a real client because your profile page has so many problems. You are offering to translate Hungarian to English, but your brief overview text is filled with spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and word usage errors. You did not even spell "English" correctly.

You need to either forget about this whole Upwork thing or intensely study the profiles of successful freelancers and figure out how your profile differs drastically from theirs.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS