🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No client No connects
Page options
eb1a3d90
Community Member

No client No connects

Why is it i havent got any clients in my two weeks here?(my connect are down to 3)

What are the benefits of a paid account?

TIA team

11 REPLIES 11
9b660019
Community Member

Your experience is quite typical of new freelancers on Upwork. There are simply far more freelancers seeking work than there is work to be had, and unless you have very specific skills or are part of the 1% that already have a "Top Rated" badge and 10K+ in earnings it is difficult to stand out in the flood of proposals clients typically receive for a job posting.

To give you some perspective from my own experience: at a time when my hire rate from proposals was only about 10%, Upwork's stats page showed I was still doing better than over half of my IT freelancing peers.

If you are willing and able to stick it out and be persistent in sending proposals, it does slowly get better.

If you haven't already, try to get your profile up to 100% complete and go through the Upwork Readiness Test. This will qualify you for the Rising Talent badge (and I believe some free connects), which will help you stand out a bit until you finally complete enough jobs to earn a Job Success Score. I'd also suggest taking out the opening "Hello..." line from your profile and getting straight to your experience and specializations - clients often only see/read the first few lines of your profile.

As for the paid account: in additon to a monthly package of connects, the paid "Upwork Plus" account lets you see the low, high, and average bid on jobs once they've had a certain number of bids (seems to be at least five). However, simply buying connects directly will give you approximately 30 more connects per month for the same price.

I tried it for a month and decided it wasn't worth it. Your experience may differ.

I also did not find the paid account to be worth it. I don't have to buy connects very often, thankfully, but I prefer to just purchase the connects outright when I do. 

Amanda L wrote:

I also did not find the paid account to be worth it. I don't have to buy connects very often, thankfully, but I prefer to just purchase the connects outright when I do. 

^ The difference between someone with a Top Rated badge and 10K+ in earnings versus someone still trying to break the 1K earnings mark while working towards Top Rated.

(Not a criticism - rather, anecdotal evidence that it does get better if you stick it out.)

You wana say that is impossible to get here job if you are new like me but have expiriance nothing mean beacose of top rated users?

Uros R wrote:
You wana say that is impossible to get here job if you are new like me but have expiriance nothing mean beacose of top rated users?

I don't think that this is what he said at all. 

thank you mam for the time you gave to my post.

pardon me kind sir i didnt get the idea of what you said..

Adam A wrote:

Amanda L wrote:

^ The difference between someone with a Top Rated badge and 10K+ in earnings versus someone still trying to break the 1K earnings mark while working towards Top Rated.

(Not a criticism - rather, anecdotal evidence that it does get better if you stick it out.)

False. I got just as many invites at 82% and not being top-rated.  

Thank you mam the reason why i can afford connects now because i dont have income yet due to the coronovirus my work here in the philippines is stopped.but once i can afford it ill try it.

again thanks mam

kind Sir thank your for the reply. im located here in the philippines an intructor of i.t subjects from a computer school. and is my first time to be doing this online thing since the virus.

again thank you and rest assure ill keep this in mind never give up.

cfb7cb91
Community Member

I've been on the platform for a few months now and haven't gotten anything 🤷‍:female_sign:

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths