🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No contract?
Page options
siliad
Community Member

No contract?

Hello there!! I'm quite new to your site so i don't know much for projects. So yesterday i had a response from a client that i made a proposal to his job and started working with him. Since yesterday and until now i have given him the ai source files of what he is asking me to design. The thing is since i don't know , no contract took part so..what i'm going to do please? He has the project files though from me.Thank you in advance!!

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vasiliki,

Please keep in mind that In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteria required.

I would recommend communicating with your client further about forming a contract and getting paid. I would also suggest to check out the Safety First section on this Thread, and learn more about how to protect yourself. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran for your response!! I asked the client about the contract  although he said he did it still i haven't anything  on "my hands"  and just told me to carry on. It is weird cause even when i look up at  my work table or my jobs none of these appears 😞

Vasiliki P wrote:

Thank you Goran for your response!! I asked the client about the contract  although he said he did it still i haven't anything  on "my hands"  and just told me to carry on. It is weird cause even when i look up at  my work table or my jobs none of these appears 😞

You fell for a scam.  There are clients on the platform that purposely reach out to newbies because they know you will fall for it - the potential job without a contract.  Fortunately, you learned a lesson.  Before you do any work for a client you MUST have a contract in place.  No if's, and's or but's.  No "it's coming".  No contract, no work.  

There will be no contract.  It's not coming.  He has what he wants and doesn't need you anymore.  It's work for free.  Don't do it again.  Read, read, read on these forums and learn from other freelancer's experiences.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your answer Robin !! For sure i will in the future!!

Vasiliki:

Because the client did not pay you for your work, the work belongs to you.

You may post the work you did in your portfolio, or do anything you want with it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths