🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No credit nor payment for completed work
Page options
bolandwill
Community Member

No credit nor payment for completed work

I made cold calls last week for $130 and it is not in my history nor have I been paid? Any idea what the deal is?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you do not have an official contract with the client you are referring to on your post. We always recommend users not to start working unless a contract is offered to the freelancer, the freelancer accepted the contract, the contract is showing on the My Jobs page, and the client's billing method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
m_sharman
Community Member

Hi,

Did you receive an offer from the client VIA UPWORK and accept? These two steps are required to be paid on Upwork. I don't mean verbal offer or a message offer, there is a prompt that comes from Upwork when you are offered a contract with a client.

I glanced at your profile and I didn't see any jobs in progress, are you able to confirm?

re: "I made cold calls last week for $130 and it is not in my history nor have I been paid? Any idea what the deal is?"

We don't yet know for sure what the deal is.

But work with us, and we'll figure it out.

The great news here is that whatever mistake you made, you can learn from it and avoid making the same mistake again.

My first guess:

You don't have a contract. Let's confirm this... When you go here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

...Do you see this contract listed there, or not?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Will, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you do not have an official contract with the client you are referring to on your post. We always recommend users not to start working unless a contract is offered to the freelancer, the freelancer accepted the contract, the contract is showing on the My Jobs page, and the client's billing method is verified. 

I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please also pay attention to the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths