🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No field to add Portfolio in application
Page options
hannah-e-sherman
Community Member

No field to add Portfolio in application

I'm filling out my application to be a freelancer at UpWork, and I see no field to add my portfolio! When I tried to add my website to my "overview," I received the message, "External links are not allowed in your overview. You can add a link to portfolio websites in the Portfolio section of your profile." But there is no "Portfolio" section in the application. Please help! Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need this.

Clients can click on your name and see the portfolio on your Upwork profile page.

But when I look at your profile page, I don't see any portfolio at all. That's a problem.

I strongly urge you to do what successful Upwork freelances do, which is to create a portfolio.

Having said that, there are no restrictions on referring clients to EXTERNAL links or portfolios when you write cover letters/proposals. You can simply provide external links however you want. You don't need a special "portfolio" field, and Upwork will not be creating a special "portfolio" field.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hannah, 

I would like to clarify that once your registration has been approved, you should be able to add more information to your profile, such as your skills, education, and your porfolio items. 

~ Avery
Upwork
beccccka
Community Member

Hi! 

I´m trying to register as a freelancer (illustrator) on upwork too, can´t find where to add a portfolio? Does my registration need to be approved first? Based on what will my registration be approved or declined if I can´t show any of my work?

Thanks,

Rebecka

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecka,

It looks like you haven't submitted your profile for a review yet. Please, make sure all the fields are completed and then click Review Application at the bottom of the page.

Once you do, you'll be able to edit your profile and add the Portfolios. Please read this help article for more information about a different section of the profile.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Rebecka B wrote:

Hi! 

I´m trying to register as a freelancer (illustrator) on upwork too, can´t find where to add a portfolio? Does my registration need to be approved first? Based on what will my registration be approved or declined if I can´t show any of my work?

Thanks,

Rebecka

If you actually read this thread, including Avery's post above, it will be clearer to you.

Friendly advice: Upwork is not 100% user-friendly in the beginning. Take the time to read the material provided for new freelancers, and review the Help sections about how contracts work and how payment procedures work. Based on what surfaces in this forum, most problems that newbies encounter could be avoided by slowing down and doing the homework before leaping in.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths