🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No job offer uptill now
Page options
fahadsolidworks
Community Member

No job offer uptill now

Hello Everyone,

I need your help. I am Mechanical Designer and i make portfolio and i have sent proposals but none of jobs recieve from client side so what sould i do. Please check my profile and guide what mistake i am doing. 

I am already doing freelancing on other freelancing site on **Edited for Community Guidelines**but where i get job offer and successfully completed with full 5 star rating. I attach file with proof that i am working there but none of job is received from upwork side.

Thank You.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

I know how frustrating that is. I've been there myself and certainly come from a career where I did not do very much freelancing with platforms or networks.

However, just stay with it and work on your communication skills (especially your grammar, see below) to draw in clients that want to work with you. Also, tell a client right off the bat that you understand their problem (i.e., their project) and then proceed to tell them how you will go about solving it for them professionally in your proposal and interview.

Don't ever send copy-and-paste proposals. Take the time to read over the project description. And while you can use some repetitive text, try to comment on their individual problem and your solution. Clients get a lot of proposals, so you have to come across as professional, genuine, and accurate.

Also, I would say at this point that even if English is not your first tongue, you can invest more time in your grammar to get a leg up on competition and let the client know that you are an adept professional. You could do a lot with just simply adopting a service like Grammarly. Tidying up the grammar and structure of your profile and proposals alone will certainly give you better chances.

And no matter what, don't use informal language (e.g., emoticons or emojis) in your correspondence until you are on the level to do that later -- if you ever reach that level. When I hire as a client, nothing makes me initially deny a proposal (apart from grammar) more than slang or emojis. I won't even read the rest of the proposal if I'm suffering through grammar and dodging 'smiley-faces' or 'thumbs-up.' There is a time and a place for that, but not in a professional proposal.

Outside of that, don't mention Fiverr (in my opinion it might make your services seem too low-cost), and also look into getting verified via Upwork.

Once you snag that first job, and do well at it (as I am sure you will), the gates will open wide.

Best regards,

Jody PM

Here's a great writeup on how to make a good profile:
https://www.upwork.com/blog/2018/09/tips-upwork-profile/

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths