Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No job yet

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1371 of 1,379

Quick advice, here is how your profile looks in search results:

Search result.jpg

You really want to ditch the first two lines and replace them with something more marketable.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Dmitry G Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
1372 of 1,379

But the question remains, does anyone open my page at all?

And even if I change my first lines, will it change 0 earnings?

Viewing statistics would be useful.

Thank You.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1373 of 1,379

@dmitry G wrote:

Viewing statistics would be useful.

https://www.upwork.com/my-stats/

That's the only thing they provide.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Adam K Member Since: Oct 6, 2017
1374 of 1,379

Hi there

I understand that this is a commonly asked question but reading those already posted hasn't helped me snag my first job.

I have over a decade of experience as a Front-End Designer & Developer initially, latterly as a Web Content Creator and Copywriter. I've helped many clients outside of the Upwork platform achieve real success in reaching new audiences, growing sales or repositioning their brands.

However, none of the above is helping me engage my first client here at Upwork. I've submitted many proposals where I've gone into some detail regarding my experience, my current situation and why it might be worth a risk to work with me rather someone with a handful of contracts under their belt. To no avail I'm afraid.

Is there something wrong with my profile perhaps? I started to add projects to my portfolio today and will be including thumbnails in due course. Eventually there will be a dozen or more projects featured. Might this help?

Are there certain kinds of jobs that an Upwork newcomer is more likely to be awarded? Lowly paid contracts seem obvious, but I've been passed up for a number of those.

Could it be the beard? I'd rather not lose it.

Help! Please.

Many thanks
Stephen O Member Since: Jan 5, 2018
1375 of 1,379

Hi everyone!Smiley Very Happy I am new to Upwork, I'm really excited to be here and waiting for my first job on this platform.I have sent more than 50 proposals and have two active candidacies. Any insight on what to improve on so land a project on Upwork?

Cheers!

CLINTON I Member Since: Apr 17, 2018
1376 of 1,379

hello Guys, its bn a month i registered here on upwork and ive not win any project, please will you guys just help and check my profile out, maybe i made a mistake in setting it up or something like that.

Brittany P Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
1377 of 1,379

Hello fellow freelancers,

I am new to Upwork and would love advice on how to land my first job. I think my profile is fairly updated and I have taken several tests. I ensure that I am applying for jobs that I qualify for and do not think my bids have been too high. I am trying to apply to jobs that are entry level.

I have received two declines and then the other 20 or so I have applied for have received no response. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Brittany

Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
1378 of 1,379

@Brittany P wrote:

Hello fellow freelancers,

I am new to Upwork and would love advice on how to land my first job. I think my profile is fairly updated and I have taken several tests. I ensure that I am applying for jobs that I qualify for and do not think my bids have been too high. I am trying to apply to jobs that are entry level.

I have received two declines and then the other 20 or so I have applied for have received no response. 

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Brittany

1. You can read How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

2. Don't limit yourself to entry level jobs. If you feel you are a great fit, go for it.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1379 of 1,379

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! Please make sure your proposals are well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for. 

Please check out this thread and go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions, designed to help you start bidding successfully and winning jobs on Upwork. You may check Hiring Headquarters link in the thread I mentioned, and find there some excellent articles for both, improving profiles and writing good proposals. You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs. Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS