cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No job yet

Mohamed R Member Since: Sep 3, 2016
21 of 1,379

Hi Giorgi N,

Thanks for your reply.  I did received an email mention ''Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: donotreply@upwork.com'' ,that is the reason i send an email to this email address. 

Yes i have applied for many jobs and also waiting for repky from client. I just went through the link you have sent, it was great advice, thanks to you. It will be a great help if you please visit my profile and let me know where I am doing mistakes. I am trying very hard but not even getting a single job, most of my applied job has been declined by client. Thanks n advance, 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
22 of 1,379

Hi Mohamed,

As a new freelancer, please check the following resources before submitting new proposals.

Freelancer Guide

Getting Started as a Freelancer 

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Proposal Workshop Video

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Espher C Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
23 of 1,379

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
24 of 1,379

Espher,

The only person who can help you get a job is you.

If you set your profile to public, somebody here may be able to give you some ideas. You should also read the freelancer help pages, watch the videos about how to get started, and read Upwork's Terms of Service.

Espher C Member Since: Aug 31, 2016
25 of 1,379

how to get my first job? i've already submitted my proposal as a data entry but keep on declining by the client.

Anoop K Member Since: Sep 2, 2016
26 of 1,379

Dear friends, 

I am new on upwork and need your help. i have been looking for 1st job since last month, applied for many jobs but did not get any reply. Can you please visit my profile and let me know what the issue is so that i could get my 1st job it would be a great help.

Waiting for the reply!

Thanks & Regards

Anoop Kumar

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
27 of 1,379

I am confused, Anoop.  Are you sure you are not getting any jobs?  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
28 of 1,379

@Anoop K wrote:

I am new on upwork and need your help. i have been looking for 1st job since last month, applied for many jobs but did not get any reply. Can you please visit my profile and let me know what the issue is so that i could get my 1st job it would be a great help.

It is always hard to get that first contract, and your category is very competitive.

There doesn't seem to be a lot wrong with your profile, except that it doesn't really stand out among 10s of thousands of other freelancers with similar skills.

It might be worth your while to proofread your profile as there are some little grammar errors, and to send really good cover letters with your applications which really make the client feel that you have read and understood their job posting.

Once you had the first contract and finished it with good feedback it will get far easier, it's just the first one that requires perseverance and patience and a bit of luck!

Also read this thread.

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

I am confused, Anoop.  Are you sure you are not getting any jobs?  

What could you possibly be confused about? Isn't that what he said? Of course he is sure, or why would he be posting?

Community Guru
Aleksandr S Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
29 of 1,379

Hi Anoop,

I advise you creating a list of your techical skills. Not too short and not too lengthy and of course no lies. Also the list of your clients seem to mean absolutely nothing. It's just a list of companies which noone knows. You also don't present what your role was and what you have done for these clients.

The cover letters mean even more than your profile. When I write a cover letter, I don't write how good I am at some specific field. I always try to come up with a solution to a problem described by a client. Of course I don't forget to mention that I possess the required knowledge to do the job and describe relevant experience (if I have it).

It would be great if you post one of your cover letters along with the job description to see if you stand out among other freelancers and not simply an also-ran.

Disclaimer. I'm definitely not the greatest freelancer here and I'm not sure if these rules will apply to you, but I managed to get hired very quickly because I asked myself how I could get attention of my future clients. And your field of expertise is close to mine, so some of my rules may work for you too.

Best regards,

Alex

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
30 of 1,379

Hi Anoop,

In addition to what Petra and Aleksandr have advised, retake the skill tests to improve your score.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS