cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No job yet

Hadeer A Member Since: Nov 10, 2016
41 of 1,379

Hi Sajeb,

I'm not an expert but first things first your account is private which means no clients can view your profile! and you may consider raising your hourly rate a little bit to reflect the value of your work

Muhammad Y Member Since: Sep 5, 2016
42 of 1,379

Hey Carlos, my profile visibility is public.

Josh V Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
43 of 1,379

donotreply@upwork.com is a dead email address for weekly and announcement emails. If you send anything to it, there is no one to read it. It is a publishing address in a way. I am also having a hard time. I would like to know what my competitors are bidding.

Community Leader
Tammara C Member Since: Oct 14, 2016
44 of 1,379

I wanted o know what  can i do to get hired, i have been sending proposals but haven't been hired what should i do?

Community Leader
45 of 1,379

I'm sending proposals but I am not getting hired! What can I do?

Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
46 of 1,379

Hi Tammara,

Don't give up. Keep applying to jobs that suit your skill set.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
47 of 1,379

Initially, the client sees the first two lines of your profile.  That's valuable real estate - make it count.  The fact that you are a student isn't important.  Highlight your strongest skills - clients want to hire experienced professionals.  Re-frame your profile to sell your abilities.  

Create a new title to highlight specific job categories, ie writing, customer service, VA.

Also, be sure that your proposals address the specific job opportunity and how you can help the client.

Good luck and don't give up!

Community Leader
48 of 1,379

I have re-written m up work and have recently changed my name header but I am still not getting any jobs. I keep sending proposals but I am not getting any jobs again. Can anyone tell me what it is that I am doing wrong? I am not going to give up! 

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
49 of 1,379

Hide every single test score that is below average! and you say you are an academic writer but don't have any samples on your profile.

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
50 of 1,379

Tammara,

There is a lot of "I" going on in your profile.  Try taking those points and putting them into a bullet-style list that showcases your skills instead.  As it reads right now you are screaming "I, I, I" instead of really telling the client what makes you good at your job.

Something along the lines of:

I have x years of experience in x and x fields and provide x(quality, punctuality, etc.) to my clients. 

My skills include:

x

x

x

x

Try to remember that the first two sentences in your profile are going to be what the client is able to see off the bat.  Those two sentences need to make them want to read more and that "more" should be very clearly defined.

Also, take out the "best and lowest rates".  As others will tell you, this is going to make you scammer bait and you certainly don't want to waste time having to decline time-wasting invitations for every captcha job out there.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS