🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No last name
Page options
sumityadav1210
Community Member

No last name

I do not have last name in my ID , and single name is not accepted here , so what should i do ?

My real name is sumit yadav , but in government ID my name is just Sumit .

When I try to change from sumit yadav to sumit , it says last name is required .

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. You can use a formal salutation as your First Name, you can use "Mr." For the Last Name, you can use "Sumit" so that your profile name reads "Mr. Sumit."

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I do not have last name in my ID , and single name is not accepted here , so what should i do ? My real name is Shivani Jain , but in government ID my name is Shivani . When I try to change from Shivani Jain to Shivani , it says last name is required .

Also, I changed it from Shivani Jain to Ms. Shivani but it got denied. please help

Just add shivani in both first name and last name

Will this work?

Definitely , I tried myself

Hello, 

I made my account with my name as per say 'Areeba Noor' but in my government ID and bank account my name is only 'Areeba'. I have requested for a name change to 'Ms Areeba'. Now, they are saying me to wait for 48 hours. Can you please check and assure me that my problem will be resolved. I want to withdraw the money and I'm having problems. 

Thanks,

Areeba

Hello, I made my account with my name 'Areeba Noor' but in my government IDs and bank account I have no surname/last name, its only 'Areeba'. I tried to change my name to 'Ms Areeba' but the upwork also denied this. What should I do now?

Hi Areeba,

I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your support ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths