🐈 Community
» Forums » New to Upwork » No one answers my proposals.
Page options
alextooo
Community Member

No one answers my proposals.

Hello everyone

I started about a half year ago. A month later I managed to find some clients.

But about 2 months ago it started. I keep sending proposals of different length and content. Trying to hook with “why me?” Questions and answering them. But nothing goes further then applying a proposal.

I just don’t know how to make it work. Too many factors. Maybe people just don’t want to hire freelancers from my location. I just don’t know a way to figure it out. Or maybe my proposal is too long (300-1000 symbols with spacing between lines).

Got any idea? Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I think that you should re-write your profile overview, because it doesn't say anything special about you (read more here). Also, you've hardly got anything in your portfolio; as a graphic designer, your portfolio is the most important part of your profile.

I would also advise raising your prices because your work history shows that you've been working almost for free. It says that your hourly rate is $15, but you've been doing logos for $5, which makes me think that you must really be earning something like $2 an hour. This will put off good clients because they'll think that if you're that cheap, maybe you're inexperienced or not good at what you do. 

Thank you very much Christine! I will think it over.

But does anyone even check profile? Because statistics says almost no one of those who hired me or when I send a proposal even checks my profile. 🤔

I usually give behance link and attach files with my work.
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths