🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No one hires me
Page options
angel-bedoya
Community Member

No one hires me

I got accepted in upwork more than a month ago I was very happy I started making proposals but I am not hired I am discouraged I would like an experienced freelancer to help me please correct possible errors both in my profile and in my proposal please someone who leaves me his email I sent him the link to my profile and my proposal to correct both things.
4 REPLIES 4
joshua_pattillo
Community Member

Angel,

I highly recommend you make your profile public, especially right now as you are seeking help from others.  You might be surprised how many people show up and offer various forms of advice.  There is wisdom in a multitude of counsilors.  Just be prepared for some of the more "brutal" honest feedback some people provide, take it with a grain of salt, and try to extract the valuable lessons they teach.

Joshua P.

Your profile is much better now, but I strongly advise against using quotes from clients if those are not from upwork clients and therefore can't be looked up on your profile. You could just be making them up, and that does not look good. 

Skip the quotes (use quotes from real upwork customers only) and be much more specific about what services you provide. Back up every skill you offer with a specific portfolio item or description in your overview. 

Be professional. No school drawings, no picture of your internet connection. 

If you have not much to back up your skills, don't try to gloss over it. 

@Josh P wrote:

Angel,

I highly recommend you make your profile public, especially right now as you are seeking help from others.  You might be surprised how many people show up and offer various forms of advice.  There is wisdom in a multitude of counsilors.  Just be prepared for some of the more "brutal" honest feedback some people provide, take it with a grain of salt, and try to extract the valuable lessons they teach.

Joshua P.

Sorry, my below (or above?) reply was directed to Josh, not Angel. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Angel B wrote:
I got accepted in upwork more than a month ago I was very happy I started making proposals but I am not hired I am discouraged .

That is because you claim skills you don't have (native level in a bunch of languages) and offer services you can not perform (translation) and then prove it by adding portfolio items which demonstrate that you have little to no grasp on those languages on even a basic level.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths