🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No payment
Page options
22ann
Community Member

No payment

Hello, i am Ana a new webmaster on upwork. I have finished my first project on November, but there is no payment on my account. The one who gave me that project tells that she is pretty sure that she have done the payment. she says i have cancelled her offer but i am pretty sure that i accepted it ob 11/12/2018. how is it possibile?Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I would recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled 
here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dzadza
Community Member

From what I can see on those screenshots, you were never hired for the project - your proposal was declined, so there's no payment.

22ann
Community Member

Yes, she just posted again that work only for me, and only now i can see
this project on my jobs. thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, and the client's payment method is verified. 

I would recommend that you read up on the Safety First! section of the freelancer resources we have compiled 
here, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

re: "The one who gave me that project tells that she is pretty sure that she have done the payment. she says i have cancelled her offer but i am pretty sure that i accepted it ob 11/12/2018. how is it possibile?"

Ana:

You made a mistake while using Upwork. That's OKAY!

People make mistakes when they're starting out.

The client may have grown impatient with you used the Upwork tools incorrectly. You may have declined instead of accepted an offer. Or maybe the client was tricking you. I don't know. But it sounds like it was your fault, not the client's fault.

At this point YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED to continue trying to seek payment for this project. You could just let it go and study a little more and try to make sure you do things right the next time. That's what I would recommend.

But if you want to try to get paid for that project, you could send a message to the client in which you briefly apologize for your lack of experience and ask her to send a new contract offer. Whether or not she does that is completely up to her. Upwork will not enforce something like this.

November was A LONG TIME AGO.

A general rule on Upwork is this:

You should receive payment for any work you do within 3 weeks of submitting the work. After 3 weeks, the money could actually be in your bank account, if you chose to withdraw it.

If it's not, then you made a mistake.

I have a phrase for people who owe me money for work I did over a month ago:

"people who don't owe me money."

Thank you for your email. Before i had doubs on myself, was thinking it was
my mistake but not anymore. The client told me before she has done the
payment but when she did me again the offer, now this project is in my
profile, there is no payment done. I will try to be more careful next time.

Ana X wrote:
Thank you for your email. Before i had doubs on myself, was thinking it was
my mistake but not anymore. The client told me before she has done the
payment but when she did me again the offer, now this project is in my
profile, there is no payment done. I will try to be more careful next time.

If you now have a contract that is funded, and have submitted the work already, you now go to the contract and klick the button "request payment" if it was a fixed price contract, or input the agreed hours (your client needs to enable manual hours) to actually get paid. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths