🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No phone number to verify
Page options
glover_susan
Community Member

No phone number to verify

I joined Upwork last night and am working on completing my profile. I can get logged in and it takes me to the "create profile" page. I can access the help center. I finished filling out the first part of the profile information. It says the next step is to verify phone number. I have no active phone number I can use to verify. There is nothing to click on to skip that step. How do I get past this?

37 REPLIES 37
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Susan, It is very important to comply all necessary requirements for you to proceed in working at Upwork as a freelancer. This will determine the ownership of your account. An active phone number is required for you to get verified. Please check more information here for ID Verification.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

My phone is active, but it doesn't receive texts.  How do I verify my phone number without texts?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jaimewjr
Community Member

Thank you for your interest.  I have been working on this since yesterday.  I can't set up my profile until this is solved.

detral
Community Member

Hello this is not an issue but I feel I should not have an identify on the platform I don't use.

My brother recently started messing with my phone, using my details to register but unfortunately for him, he imputed the phone number on my other phone, that's Ini I got to know that someone is opening UpWork account for me.

Please I want you to close this account and delete it from your record so as not to mislead people. Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amoke,

We’ve closed your account from our end and we will take steps to remove personal data from your closed account so that it is no longer visible on the platform or in searches.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I would like to close my account.

My email is: 

**Edited for community guidelines**

I cannot verify a phone which is not longer available. I cannot go back to change number nor skip this either. 

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vincent,

Before we proceed with your request, would you like us to assist you with changing your phone number and verifying it?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have set my profile to my home country of UK but am briefly living in France so I cant put an active UK phone number in I only have a french one so I cant complete my profile at the moment. what can I do?

Hi Liam,

If you`re relocated for a longer period of time our team can update your country and you can add your french number. Let me know how you would like to proceed and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I rotate between the two countries as my partner lives in france is their anyway to verify with a French number while keeping my home as uk thanks

Hi Liam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jack_gray
Community Member

I'm living overseas and I don't currently have a US phone number. Is there anything I can do to get verified?

Hi John,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Do you have an Upwork account yet!!

James W wrote:

My phone is active, but it doesn't receive texts.  How do I verify my phone number without texts?

I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

Hi Ben, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you to share details on how you can proceed with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jthode
Community Member

Hi I'm experiencing a similar problem I'm trying to sign up but currently I don't have a phone I can use since I just broke it. I'll have one soon and can update my info then, but is there any way to activate my account while I work on getting a new one?
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jacob,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same probelm too.  Phone but no text.  If someone would contact me it would be great.  either email or call me would be fine.

Hi Robert,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
beths1989
Community Member

I am having this same issue, except the number I gave is to my cell which is down at the moment, but I do have a house phone. How can I get my verification done with my landline phone? 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you, and assist you with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork

I have the same probelm too.  Phone but no text.  If someone would contact me it would be great.

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
andreahutton72
Community Member

I have everyone use my email.

Hi Andrea,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c0e217d
Community Member

I have tried to open an account with a number I got back in September when I switched phone numbers and apparently somebody else was using that phone number.. I am unable to open an account..

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yulissa, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
l_silar
Community Member

Hello!
I currently can't afford a phone and therfore have no phone number to verify. Is there anyway someone could also help me finish my profile as well?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Li.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c97d4180
Community Member

Hi Bojan, could someone please help to verify me? I have a similar issue of not being able to receive texts but I do have WhatsApp associated with my phone number. Thank you.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mahid, 

I'll share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
l_silar
Community Member

Hi!

I posted here about a month ago, and I just wanted to ask when and how I'll be contacted. I've received no messages on the upwork site itself. I recieved one email from upwork which sent me a link to verify my email, but it brought me to my uncompleted profile still asking for a phone number that I cannot provide. I've scoured through the help pages trying to find a way to opt into email verification instead, but all it tells me is to disable the phone verification. I can't disable something I've never been able to actually enable. I'm still very new to the site, and I might be navigating it completely wrong, so I'd really appreciate some assistance if you are able to provide it.
Sorry to bother you again, but I really appreciate the help!

-Li

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Li.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
9c1a93aa
Community Member

Hi Support Team. 

I recently signed up to Upwork and found I too was unable to "go to the next screen," due to my phone not being to receive text. I have plenty of verification documents. But there's no option on the profile page to upload the docs to Upwork. Thus, I'm stuck at an impasse. I would be so greatful if someone in the group could help me. 

Hi Tracey,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance. Feel free to communicate through here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths