cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone number to verify

Susan G Member Since: Jan 21, 2018
1 of 9

I joined Upwork last night and am working on completing my profile. I can get logged in and it takes me to the "create profile" page. I can access the help center. I finished filling out the first part of the profile information. It says the next step is to verify phone number. I have no active phone number I can use to verify. There is nothing to click on to skip that step. How do I get past this?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 9

Hi Susan, It is very important to comply all necessary requirements for you to proceed in working at Upwork as a freelancer. This will determine the ownership of your account. An active phone number is required for you to get verified. Please check more information here for ID Verification.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
James W Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
3 of 9

My phone is active, but it doesn't receive texts.  How do I verify my phone number without texts?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 9

Hi James,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
James W Member Since: Nov 15, 2018
5 of 9

Thank you for your interest.  I have been working on this since yesterday.  I can't set up my profile until this is solved.

Amoke A Member Since: Mar 26, 2019
6 of 9
Hello this is not an issue but I feel I should not have an identify on the platform I don't use.

My brother recently started messing with my phone, using my details to register but unfortunately for him, he imputed the phone number on my other phone, that's Ini I got to know that someone is opening UpWork account for me.

Please I want you to close this account and delete it from your record so as not to mislead people. Thank you.
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 9

Hi Amoke,

We’ve closed your account from our end and we will take steps to remove personal data from your closed account so that it is no longer visible on the platform or in searches.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ben S Member Since: Apr 22, 2019
8 of 9

James W wrote:

My phone is active, but it doesn't receive texts.  How do I verify my phone number without texts?

I have the same problem. Can anyone help?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

Hi Ben, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you to share details on how you can proceed with your phone verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS