🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No reaction or respond from recruiters
Page options
farouk_d
Community Member

No reaction or respond from recruiters

Good evening Upwork community,

I am a freelancer on Upwork platform since October 2019, I have noticed that there was no reaction or respond from clients when submitting proposals for their offers even though my profile match the conditions of the work, plus I always write good and convenient cover letters.

I hope you could help me with this issue.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farouk, and Stephanie, 

I hope you guys don't lose hope just yet! A lot of freelancers who have been in the business for some time have shared that it took them sometime before they landed their first freelancing project. When I was freelancing, it took me about six to eight months before I got my first interview.

I checked both your profiles and would suggest that both of you expound on your skills and experience, and talk about how you can help your client with their project. 

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
missegrosenho
Community Member

I am finding this too! I have submitted more than a dozen proposals, I have made sure I match the job description and what the client is looking for and still nothing. Unfortunately, I think favour goes to those applicants who only want to work for $3 an hour.

I can't get proposals?

please help me I'm new here.

Hi Sneha, 

I checked your account and do not see any issues. Are you asking how you can send proposals to clients? 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Farouk, and Stephanie, 

I hope you guys don't lose hope just yet! A lot of freelancers who have been in the business for some time have shared that it took them sometime before they landed their first freelancing project. When I was freelancing, it took me about six to eight months before I got my first interview.

I checked both your profiles and would suggest that both of you expound on your skills and experience, and talk about how you can help your client with their project. 

Additionally, you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths