🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No record on work diary
Page options
sigrideano
Community Member

No record on work diary

Hi,

I just had my first job and I did tracked my time using the time tracker. Now I'm a bit confused because I asked my client if the job is finished, and he said it is done. So am i right to assume that I should get paid after I did my job and should be paid according to the time taht I work in Time tracker? But the problem is when I open my time tracker app and click "View work diary" I do not have any record on it (Work Diary). But when I checked my "My Jobs" I have this project as an Active Contract.

I already reached out to my client to further clarify the project but I do not received any reply until now. 

I'm VERY new to upwork and I want to at least understand everything first before I continue, because I really like this platform.

Also one last thing, can I work on Upwork even if I do not have a bank account yet? What is the assurance the you will get paid?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Sigrid D wrote:

Hi,

I just had my first job and I did tracked my time using the time tracker. Now I'm a bit confused because I asked my client if the job is finished, and he said it is done.

Take a look at your Reports Overview Page

Can you see the money under one of the tabs?

When looking for the hours, make sure you look at the work diary on the correct day 🙂

iacob_irina
Community Member

Hello!

Was it an hourly contact? I can't help much, but it may not have been an hourly one. 

Yes, you can work without a bank account. You'll have to sign up for Payoneer instead, to get your money. They (upwork) charge $2.5 for instant withdrawals, and payoneer charges $2 per month as maintenance. I don't know what other ways there are to withdraw the money. 

good luck!

Yes it is an hourly contract. If that's the case there's nothing more than I can do? Like I cannot talk to him about it or something? 😔 How do I prevent this from happening again? Can you send me links or information on the "how's" of getting paid AFTER finishing a project. How do I make an assurance with my client that he/she will pay me after the tasks. After turning off the time tracker do I need to do anything else to save the record of my activities? Where do I go from there.

I'm sorry for asking too many questions it's just that I don't get the right or safe answers anywhere else but here.

Oh and thank you for by the way for taking time to respond and for answering my previous queries. 😊

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060918-Manage-How-You-Get-Paid

Something to read for you.

If you have recorded time using the tracker, you will see that in the "reports" menu under "overview".

According to your profile you have logged time so that time must be somewhere in your work diary.

Take another look and make sure you are looking at the right day...

Where did you actually look? Log into your account and look at the contract, and also your Reports Overview. Logged time is automatically charged and paid, but you really do need to read up on how everything works before you take on any more contracts.

JoanneP

Hi Sigrid,

I checked your account and I was able to find the hours that you worked recorded on your work diary. When you check the work diary, you do have the option to check by date and check it using your local time. You may also want to check out this thread where we compiled guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions to help new users on Upwork. Thanks!

image.png

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths