🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No reply to my proposals
Page options
m_rasic
Community Member

No reply to my proposals

Hi,

Can someone please check my profile? I have been applying for jobs that suts my skills but I am not getting hired. I did 2 small jobs two yers ago and got good reviews but nothing since then. What am I doing wrong? 

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Maja R wrote:

Hi,

Can someone please check my profile? I have been applying for jobs that suts my skills but I am not getting hired. I did 2 small jobs two yers ago and got good reviews but nothing since then. What am I doing wrong? 

Hi, have you been consistently submitting proposals for 2 years without response? Don't tell me you did, you surely would have landed some jobs. 

It may seem a small thing, but often small things count - do you have a picture without a scarf - not only is it not always cold, it makes you seem distant. 

@Martina P wrote:

@Maja R wrote:

Hi,

Hi, have you been consistently submitting proposals for 2 years without response? Don't tell me you did, you surely would have landed some jobs. 

It may seem a small thing, but often small things count - do you have a picture without a scarf - not only is it not always cold, it makes you seem distant. 

Thank you Martina for your reply. I have been consistent in last 6 months and before that just occasionally because I was employed at the company and didn't really have a time. I will try with a new photo. Thank you for suggestion!

raina5
Community Member

Hi Maja,  I wouldn't assume you are doing something wrong, just that maybe you need to keep going and keep trying. It is in part a numbers game. I don't know your field of work well, but I know there are a lot of freelancers here and it can take time to gain traction. I would say for general advice, and not to imply you don't, but to keep proposals focused on the client, their needs, what they need done by you and how you would approach their job specifically. It can help to see it as starting up a conversation, the same way you would if someone approached you on the street who knew somehow you do the type of work they need.  A lot of clients appreciate discussing their project before hiring. Be personable and try to make a personal connection, rather than talk too much about your skills and qualifications. seek to connect rather than impress. Having said that, only submit proposals on jobs you know you are well suited for. that way you will project confidence and trustworthiness which is important to make the client feel good about working with you.  Best of luck to you!

mystudiomke
Community Member

Hi Maja,

I completely understand, it it always hard in the begining. What really helped me was improving the way I was writting my proposals. I started to customize more to not sell myself but to better assist with the project. Below is a link to one website that really helped me. I hope it helps you too.

https://freelancetowin.com/writing-upwork-proposals/

Lila

Thank you all so much. I will try to change my approach and hope for the best. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths