🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No response from client. Should I end the...
Page options
daphnealina
Community Member

No response from client. Should I end the contract?

I'm relatively new here in Upwork and I just got hired by my first client just a month ago. I was hired as a content writer for a career blog. After I submitted my first article and was approved,  I was told by the client that the contract will comprise writing 20+ articles. I agreed. Now, the usual interval/duration — when the client gives the next assignment, the writing process, and the deadline — is around 3-4 days. That went on until I wrote the fifth article. 

Last July 9 was the deadline for the latest article I wrote. Usually, after that, the client will give me the next assignment. But it has been over 10 days and I haven't heard from him. I already sent a message asking him if there are others to be written. No response from him.

Now I'm wondering what to do next. Should I end the contract? Because I'm having a hard time getting jobs now and it might be because I'm still under contract with this client. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Francine Angela Da A wrote:

Oh okay, I really thought having a job in progress will affect my search for clients/job. And I'm just a little worried that I haven't heard anything from this client. Anyway, thank you!

He might respond, or you might never hear from him again. Either way is fine!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

No client will care if you have one job in progress. They might start to wonder when there are 30 or 40 jobs in progress if the freelancer is too busy or what the heck is going on with a 5$ job from 2015. Don't worry about it and focus on sending proposals, and avoid to end the contract yourself - a no feedback contract never looks great on a profile, especially when it's the first job. You can end it when you have a few more on your profile. 

Oh okay, I really thought having a job in progress will affect my search for clients/job. And I'm just a little worried that I haven't heard anything from this client. Anyway, thank you!

Francine Angela Da A wrote:

He might respond, or you might never hear from him again. Either way is fine!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths