🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No response from the technical team
Page options
rauftech
Community Member

No response from the technical team

Hi, I requested to change my country a few days ago. I was told that the technical team handles such issues but I have not received any response from them. What should I do as I need to start working?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

@Abdul R wrote:

Hi, I requested to change my country a few days ago. I was told that the technical team handles such issues but I have not received any response from them. What should I do as I need to start working?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Be patient and take it as a lesson learned the hard way.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Abdul,

While often we can change a user's country here in the Community, there does indeed seem to be a technical issue that is preventing us from being able to complete this request. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team on your behalf and they will update you directly as advised.

~Nina
p_palo
Community Member

Hi. I'd also like to have an authorized response to this same matter, as I'm about to leave my country for up to a year, and I need to keep working. What happens if I start with a project here in Argentina and I shift countries before completing it?

Hi Pablo,

You'll have to update your location to reflect the country you will be working from which may also require submitting documents regarding your new location, however the team would be reaching out to you directly to obtain any information they need if necessary. You'd also need to make sure that you are legally authorized to work on Upwork in your new country and may have to consult with a legal advisor about any necessary permits and how to properly report your income.

~Nina

Hi Nina, thanks for answering. So, I'll have to just update my location on the Settings panel, and then the team will contact me to contrast the information. And I guess my account will go inoperative for a while until the location is confirmed by them. Or will I be able to keep using it as usual? 

Any tip you may have as to how help this process be the smoothest and fastest as I can from my position, will be greatly appreciated!

Pablo,

In the event that a temporary hold is placed on you account due to the need to complete a verification process, then you wouldn't be able to send new proposals until the hold is resolved, however it should not impact currently active contracts. Hope that helps!

~Nina

Hi Nina. That was some useful information. Thank you again 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths