🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No start date
Page options
stellawhyte13
Community Member

No start date

I am new here and got hired for a job, since last week I have been waiting for my client to post a job but none yet. Do I keep waiting, although she has asked me to be patient with her after signing the contract? No activities yet on my timeline. at do I do? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Stella,

For hourly contracts, you will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App. Once you start working on the project, you will need to track the time using the app. The hours you log will be available for you to review by checking your work diary. For more information about getting paid for hourly contracts, please read this help article. You may also benefit from reading the freelancer resources we have compiled here. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Stella,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have an hourly contract with your client. In the future, I suggest that you make sure you have all the details you need to start working before you accept any contract offers. In this case, you can wait for your client to share with you the details of the project. You also have the option to follow-up with them.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joane,

Thank you for your response, I am new here and want to know how things work.

I have been in contact with the client. She has apologized for the delays and its ok, I'll take your advice to be prepared for the future. My timeline keeps showing no activity and zero hours of work.  So what happened to the waiting period after hiring and signing the contract, is my time supposed to count from the time of hire or it starts counting from the time a job is assigned to me.? Just curious so I can do the correct thing.

Hi Stella,

For hourly contracts, you will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App. Once you start working on the project, you will need to track the time using the app. The hours you log will be available for you to review by checking your work diary. For more information about getting paid for hourly contracts, please read this help article. You may also benefit from reading the freelancer resources we have compiled here. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joane,

Thanks for the response, you have been such a kind fellow.

Just one more question, one of my proposal was declined without stating any reasons. What do you think could be the reasons.

Whyte

Hi Stella,

I am afraid that we are not able to see this. When a proposal is not accepted, the client does not have to provide a reason for it, as they'd choose the talent that best fits their project. But don't be discouraged, keep on sending proposals for those projects that you believe best suit your skills. You may want to have a quick look at this resource that goes into how you can craft better proposals.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths