🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Non Responsive Client
Page options
jamesmangubat
Community Member

Non Responsive Client

Hello! I've messaged pertaining to test on my work and invoiced my client. However, It's been past 72 hours and I've not received any reply yet. Should I be worried or need to take some actions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "It's a fixed price for a small project. And, I've submitted the work + deliverables committed (even resubmitted request). However, I'm not sure what I missed while you have mentioned "paid automatically" as I have not received any fund yet?"

Just be PATIENT.

When you submitted the work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button, then you start a COUNTDOWN CLOCK. 14 days after you click that button, Upwork releases ALL OF THE MONEY in escrow to you automatically. The client does not need to do anything. Don't send messages to the client.

re: "I've... even resubmitted request"

Don't do that.

Each time you click the button - each time you re-submit - start the clock OVER again. Resubmitting means you wait LONGER.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Hello! I've messaged pertaining to test on my work and invoiced my client. However, It's been past 72 hours and I've not received any reply yet. Should I be worried or need to take some actions?"

James:

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

There is nothing to worry about.

There are no actions to take.

When freelancers use Upwork properly, they are paid automatically for their work.

If this is an hourly contract, and you logged your time, you will be paid automatically for your work.

IF this is a fixed-price contract, and you used the "Submit Work" button, then you will be paid automatically for your time.

The client doesn't need to do anything.

Thank you Preston! I appreciate the prompt reply. Yes. It's a fixed price for a small project. And, I've submitted the work + deliverables committed (even resubmitted request). However, I'm not sure what I missed while you have mentioned "paid automatically" as I have not received any fund yet? 

Thanks again.

re: "It's a fixed price for a small project. And, I've submitted the work + deliverables committed (even resubmitted request). However, I'm not sure what I missed while you have mentioned "paid automatically" as I have not received any fund yet?"

Just be PATIENT.

When you submitted the work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button, then you start a COUNTDOWN CLOCK. 14 days after you click that button, Upwork releases ALL OF THE MONEY in escrow to you automatically. The client does not need to do anything. Don't send messages to the client.

re: "I've... even resubmitted request"

Don't do that.

Each time you click the button - each time you re-submit - start the clock OVER again. Resubmitting means you wait LONGER.

Aha! Okay, I understand now. Thank you Preston!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths