🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » North Cyprus problem
Page options
mohamad_kousai
Community Member

North Cyprus problem

Hi,

I am Mohamad and live in North Cyprus. But here, north Cyprus is ruled by Turkey government.

So as you can see on my profile, I have Turkey phone number. Also the address is a little different.

Yesterday I tried to add biling method but I couldn't do. Because I have a different card from things you want. So I tried to create paypal but paypal doesn't work in Turkey and I don't have Cyprus phone number to create Cyprus one. This means I can't use paypal.

How can I solve this problem?

Looking forward to your help.

Sincerely

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad Kousai,

I would just like to confirm with you if you were trying to add a billing method to purchase connects, or you were trying to add your payment method for withdrawing your earnings from Upwork? 

If you are trying to add your billing method to purchase connects, Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Mastercard, and American Express. We do not accept virtual cards or gift cards. To learn more about adding a credit card to your account, click here.

For withdrawing your earnings, Upwork offers a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. Here are other options you can choose aside from Paypal:

Please let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am a Nigerian in North Cyprus, which is recognized by turkey, and my payment method after adding my Turkish bank details for direct payment required Turkish id number which is different from TRNC number this won't allow me get paid through my account else I use wire transfer which is expensive. Please how do I go about this?  

Hi Opeyemi,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5acdf8f0
Community Member

HI

i live in North Cyprus, Magusa. my phone number start wit +90(turkey).  when i want to add address i have to choos turkey as my country because of my phon number. but when i want choose my city , there isnt Magusa in the options so I cant complete my profile. any one can help me?

Hi Mahsa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0ef9c3f8
Community Member

Hello Nicola,

I have the same problem. Please help

Hi Viktoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths