🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not Enough Connects
Page options
mixesbyjohn
Community Member

Not Enough Connects

Can I apply for jobs even though I don't have enough connects? If not, is there a better way to find jobs that require no cennections besides mindlessly searching all jobs?

2 REPLIES 2
mtngigi
Community Member

John T wrote:

Can I apply for jobs even though I don't have enough connects? If not, is there a better way to find jobs that require no cennections besides mindlessly searching all jobs?

No, you have to use connects to apply for jobs. Rather than mindlessly searching, set up your own search parameters and save your job search, so that your job feed reflects the kind of jobs you're looking for.

I would also suggest that you learn about how to work and get paid on Upwork. Clients have the opportunity to review your work before paying you. If you work flat rate jobs, you submit your work (once the client is happy) and hit a "get paid" button, and then money in escrow is released. Hourly jobs mean you use Upwork's time tracking software, and clients see your work memos and progress - I don't work hourly so don't know enough about to add any more.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

John T wrote:

There are no jobs that require no connects, so any search for those is an exercise in futility. 

Edit: had a look at your profile. Don't do that. You will never get paid. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths