cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Jobs

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
11 of 23

Hey Martina. Thanks for giving me a kick up the backside. Smiley Wink It made me take another Excel test and get a better result, so I'm now proudly displaying some tests on my profile.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
12 of 23

Richard W wrote:

Hey Martina. Thanks for giving me a kick up the backside. Smiley Wink It made me take another Excel test and get a better result, so I'm now proudly displaying some tests on my profile.

ha clients don't care but I'd make a friendly wager it's good for search

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
13 of 23

Richard W wrote:

Richard, I could not be prouder of you! 

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
14 of 23

Martina, as Richard W said, I hope clients do not do that.
I have only taken some tests on the "Spanish" language, until the tests are translated into other languages, I will not take any more.
Actually, not doing it has not influenced for now.
I would like to take some related to my skills, but I think that, to be able to do it in conditions of equality, they should be translated.
The same is silly, only what I think Smiley Happy

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
15 of 23
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
16 of 23

It is not useful or effective to present yourself as a proofreader and a detail-oriented person when there are several obvious errors in the text of your profile -- errors that I would scold an eighth-grader for including in any final draft of an English essay.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 23

Janean L wrote:

It is not useful or effective to present yourself as a proofreader and a detail-oriented person when there are several obvious errors in the text of your profile -

Or a native English speaker when you're not.

Islam M Member Since: Nov 6, 2017
18 of 23

hi Janean, can you please take a look at my profile https://www.upwork.com/fl/islammagdy15  and tell me if something is wrong with it too, i would appreciate your review since am not getting enough jobs too 

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
19 of 23

@ Islam --

Since you are not seeking jobs in a language-related field, your English seems to be fine for what you need, and also to be in line with your claims.

As to the rest of your profile:

(1) I am not much of an expert in the field of architecture.

(2) You may well be able to find someone to do a thorough review of your profile for form/presentation. Your best approach will be to post this as a job. Sometimes you can find a willing volunteer, but the time required to do this well usually ends up being at least an hour, and often double or triple that.

Nice photo!

Good luck with your endeavors on this platform! I wish you well!

Islam M Member Since: Nov 6, 2017
20 of 23

@Janean L

i think i might post a job for that, its really a good idea, thanks a lot for your time, you were really helpful Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS