🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not Getting the Projects From Upwork
Page options
mugeesali
Community Member

Not Getting the Projects From Upwork

Hi Everyone, 

Hope you are doing well,

I am just wondering why I am not getting the projects or even replies from the client, I am not sure if the issue is in my proposal which I am sending, or in my profile .

Can anyone help me with the same?

Regards

Mugees Ali

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Mugees,

Having seen your profile, I would like to suggest the following:

• Your profile overview looks good but still, you can give a more professional look. This is the place where you can give the clients an idea in detail- describe your skills well, tell how can be a good choice, and how efficiently and timely you can deliver the desired output. It's unnecessary to put that you are a Pakistani freelancer in the overview- it's already there in the profile, right?
  • Research the market of your category and put the hourly rate accordingly.
  • While applying, apply only to the jobs that you are confident to do well- complete well.
  • Make your cover letter professionally sound. Highlight the key desired points on the job description and tell how can you be a great fit. 
  • Show some examples of your previous work. 

Best of luck.

Shohel
Shohel

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
759e32fa

Hi Mugees,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting a response to your proposals. Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for. Check out this help article with tips on creating proposals that win jobs.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

My profile is: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rajudey4

I am working at Upwork couple of months, I have done a 100% profile with my skills and portfolio and I have done 4 jobs and earned $700+ here, but from the month of may I have sent some professional proposals based on my skilled and I am following the proposal standard based on Upwork, but still, I am not getting a job, Upwork is my only source of earning and I have a family to serve with my earning, will you please help me out, what's the problem I have doing here?

Thanks,

Raju D.

Hi Raju,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

have you checked my profile? and my account? have you found any issue there, I have made this profile using the standard guide line and use your article, will you please have a look at my profile and proposal, and let me know where am I am doing mistakes, please.

Thanks,
Raju D.

Hi Raju,

I checked your profile and it looks good to me. Please understand that a lot of factors come into play such as the demand for the field you're in. With more and more freelancers signing up, the competition gets tougher. But I suggest that you check your profile and update your skills, tweak your title, make use of Project Catalog, and of course, apply for jobs. The more you send proposals, the more you increase the chance of getting a reply from a client.

Here's an additional tip: try to filter your search by the number of proposals the job posting has received. You may want to skip applying to those that have more than 50+ proposals already as yours can get lost there. And make sure to apply for jobs that match your skill set and previous experience.

There's really no telling how the client selects their freelancer but focus on what you can control- your cover letter, your profile, your skills. Additionally, you can reach out here in the Community and look for blog posts from successful freelancers to help you get back on your feet.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,
Thanks for your advice 🙂

Raju D.

shohel121
Community Member

Hi Mugees,

Having seen your profile, I would like to suggest the following:

• Your profile overview looks good but still, you can give a more professional look. This is the place where you can give the clients an idea in detail- describe your skills well, tell how can be a good choice, and how efficiently and timely you can deliver the desired output. It's unnecessary to put that you are a Pakistani freelancer in the overview- it's already there in the profile, right?
  • Research the market of your category and put the hourly rate accordingly.
  • While applying, apply only to the jobs that you are confident to do well- complete well.
  • Make your cover letter professionally sound. Highlight the key desired points on the job description and tell how can you be a great fit. 
  • Show some examples of your previous work. 

Best of luck.

Shohel
Shohel

Thanks for guiding surely I will give a more professional look to my profile 🙂

Hi Shohel,

My profile is: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rajudey4

I am working at Upwork couple of months, I have done a 100% profile with my skills and portfolio and I have done 4 jobs and earned $700+ here, but from the month of may I have sent some professional proposals based on my skilled and I am following the proposal standard based on Upwork, but still, I am not getting a job, Upwork is my only source of earning and I have a family to serve with my earning, will you please help me out, what's the problem I have doing here?

Thanks,

Raju D.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths