🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not Meeting Preferred qualifications
Page options
taningning
Community Member

Not Meeting Preferred qualifications

Hello Everyone,

I am new here on upwork and i tried sending out proposals.  However, a lot of jobs requires alteast 90% JSS score. Since I am new here on upwork and still doesn't have the said qualification. Will my proposals be bumped out? or do i have any chances on getting the job even though I don't meet the qualifications (90%JSS and Rising Talent)? 

Thanks,

Tanya

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mari,

Welcome to Upwork! You can still submit proposals even when you don't meet all the qualifications required by the clients on their job posts. You may check out the following articles to help you get started:

Submitting a winning proposal

Getting Started

Tips for boosting your success

You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Mari,

Welcome to Upwork! You can still submit proposals even when you don't meet all the qualifications required by the clients on their job posts. You may check out the following articles to help you get started:

Submitting a winning proposal

Getting Started

Tips for boosting your success

You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

Honestly, we are getting way, way too many questions on this.

Or, really, it's all the same question.

Just too many people asking EXACTLY the same question.

There must be some way that Upwork could better convey this information to freelancers.

If I designed a tool and thousands of people asked me the same question about that tool, I would assume that I did something wrong when it comes to labelling it or explaining it.

@Preston H wrote:

If I designed a tool and thousands of people asked me the same question about that tool, I would assume that I did something wrong when it comes to labelling it or explaining it.

Agreed. 

I would also question whether it makes sense to have 90% JSS as a default "preference". When clients just accept the defaults (and there seem to be many who do that) do they understand that the reason some proposals are flagged with a red mark is that those freelancers have less than 90% JSS?

(I haven't actually posted a job as a client, so please correct me if I'm wrong about the red mark.)

{{{{{golf clap}}}}}}

Thanks for this Ryan 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths