Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving New Message Notifications

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 17

I have no idea what is happening with other people.

I know from first-hand experience that my Upwork messaging has been very wonky these past few days.

I have seen delays in message relays. And I have seen hire notifications being delivered a half-dozen times, with duplicate messages.

Upwork is a big system and it is difficult to get messaging correct all the time. So I have no ill will toward Upwork.
It is what it is.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
12 of 17

Joan S wrote:

But, Sara - you said you had not heard from a client for weeks. Are you saying that you got no new messages on Upwork for weeks? I find that difficult to understand because that has not happened to me.

This is not a brand-new problem. Just because it has never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
13 of 17

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear you had the issues with Messages. Please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips next time you experience issues with loading your Messages.

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read," which is when Messages are open in a browser tab and in the Desktop App. 

If the issue shows on your end again, please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
14 of 17

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Sara,

Sorry to hear you had the issues with Messages. Please, refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips next time you experience issues with loading your Messages.

Email notification is not sent if a message is registered as "read," which is when Messages are open in a browser tab and in the Desktop App. 

If the issue shows on your end again, please let us know and our team will assist you further.

Thank you!

Bojan, how can we know that we are experiencing problems loading messages? Sara logged in and checked and had no new messages. How would she have known there was a problem?

This is not a brand-new problem and it is not one we users can fix with troubleshooting tips. All we can do is report it and hope/wish/pray.

b0748118
Edwin P Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
15 of 17

Hello,

I might be experiencing this issue too. I have asked for support but nobody has responded yet (ticket id:  #31345605), Could somebody form Upwork assist me? Thank you in advance.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
16 of 17

Hi Edwin,

I checked, and it looks like one of our agents has already updated your ticket to assist you further. Feel free to follow- up on the ticket if you have any questions. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0748118
Edwin P Member Since: Mar 29, 2021
17 of 17

Hi Joanne,

I have been communicating with the Agent for three days now, and no apparent solution has been found. I even created another Client account using an old email, and tried to do the following:

- Invite my Freelancer account to an interview --> the invitations were not sent, and my Freelancer account obviously didn't get the invitations.

- Search my Freelancer account using several keyword methods --> my account didn't appear in the search results at all

- Message my Freelancer account --> the messages didn't get through, no email, no notifications whatsoever.

I would really appreciate technical support to look into this issue, thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Edwin

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS