🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not able to get hired
Page options
procountants
Community Member

Not able to get hired

I have typed close to 140 proposals in one month. I don't use templates. But I could secure only 5 jobs out of which 2 were from Invitations. What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Anuraag M wrote:

I have typed close to 140 proposals in one month. I don't use templates. But I could secure only 5 jobs out of which 2 were from Invitations. What am I doing wrong?

Trying to compete against millions of other freelancers on a platform with relatively low barriers to entry in the midst of a global pandemic. You can purchase 1000 lottery tickets the right way and still not win. 😞

ETA: Also, one of your three completed jobs appears to have been helping a student cheat on his homework. That may make you look untrustworthy to other clients. 

Hi Tonya, 

While I understand that there are millions of freelancers, but I am just competing against 15-20 (Avg number of proposals for which I have applied). With 140 proposals, I think I could atleast secure a few more. In fact I am curating each and every proposal which most of the people on Upwork do not. 

Also, I agree with you. Is there a way to hide that feedback?

Thank you so much for replying.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths