🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not able to remove a Team Member from Agency ...
Page options
sohil29
Community Member

Not able to remove a Team Member from Agency Account

In my agency account, I am trying to remove a Team member, but it is not allowing to remove and is showing me the following message:

"User has active candidacies in agency".

Whereas, the member who I am trying to remove does not have any active candidacies.

Please, let me know how I can remove that team member.

18 REPLIES 18
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Sohil, Please close out all of the user's current contracts and proposals. Please go to Settings > Members and Permission. Select the Remove from Team checkbox for the correct user or adjust their permissions. Select the Update Permissions button. Let us know if this works.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have already closed all the current contracts and Proposals of the
respective user and tried to remove the user following the method
mentioned by you. Yet, I am not able to remove the user.
Please let me know what else could be done.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sohil,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further with removing a team member from your agency. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alok_rana
Community Member

Hello team,

I am trying to remove a member from the agency but unable to do so. Keep getting this error message "User has active candidacies in agency" even when the member do not have any active candidacies in agency. Need help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alok, 

On your Agency's Proposal page, could you please check if any of the active, and archived proposals were sent on your agency freelancer's behalf? Please withdraw these proposals, and try removing the freelancer again from your agency. If the issue persists, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi , I tried to remove an agency on my account as I can't accept job offerd. Please help me to fix this problem.

Hi Llander,

You should be able to leave the Agency following instructions shared in this help article. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem. I cannot remove the agency member also.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi MD, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello I am facing the same issue. How do I delete a member who no longer works with us?

I am unable to remove a team member who no longer works with us from our agency account. There are no active jobs or anything. What is happening?

Hi Subuhi,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
meenakshiy
Community Member

I've the same issue. Not able to remove the candidate.

Hi Meenakshi, 

Could you please try the steps Avery provided on this thread? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Having the same issue. All active proposals have been withdrawn, still unable to remove the agency member.

Hi Shahzada,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and, assist you further with removing your team member. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
58b51d38
Community Member

Hello. I am having the same issue. I have tried everything in this thread. Can someone please contact me? I need to get this resolved ASAP.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alex,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths