🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not able to set a security phone number - cre...
Page options
taylorwirth4
Community Member

Not able to set a security phone number - create a profile

I am working on creating a profile.  At the bottome of the screen, I click continue to verify my phone number.  I enter my phone number and click continue but nothing happens.  The prompt doesn't close, no text message, nothing.  I have tried 3 different browsers and cleared all caches and cookies.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

-Taylor

31 REPLIES 31
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Taylor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket shortly and assist you further on how to verify your phone number. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hi! I am having the same exact issue as Taylor -- stuck on the security phone number step. I have also tried changing browsers & clearing my cache. Could someone please help me with this step? Thanks!

Hi Bridget,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via email and assist you further with your phone verification issue, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I too am having the same experience when trying to verify my phone number. The request is returning a "400 bad request"

{
"server_time": 1554617266,
"error": {
"status": 400,
"code": 400,
"message": "Bad Request: Invalid parameter phone"
}
}

Hi Jared,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly. Thank you for reaching out. Let me know if there's anything else. 

~ Riri

Hi, I am having the exact same issue. I have tried for three days and different browsers to receive text and nothing.

Hi Ben,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Exact same issue here,

Can't get passed the security phone number screen

Thank you for reaching out to us, Richard.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, can someone please assist me?

Thank you,

-Austin

Hi Austin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

i am having the same issue...i put my number in wrong and it wont clear and said that i have not verified the number...my problem is that its not my number...

Thanks

Hi Steven, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I'm recieving the same error. I've cleared my cache and used several different browsers. error{status: 400, code: 400, message: "Bad Request: Invalid parameter phone"}

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dta9191
Community Member

I'm having this same issue as well, and can't figure out how to actually contact support. Missed out on a few really good looking jobs because of this. Moderators please send a ticket to fix this. Seems to be a pretty common problem, with no real answers. Just a copy and paste response saying they will be in contact does not help anyone else who has a problem.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dustin,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Having problem setting security phone number

Hi Carmen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I tried, but couldn't replicate the issue. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Exact same issue here,

Can't get passed the security phone number screen

Hi Ramil, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
technikov
Community Member

Exact same issue here, Can't get passed the security phone number screen. What should I do ?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Konstantin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same issue here. Trapped at the "set security number" box. Please have someone reach out to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Hi Jake, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ryanjparadis
Community Member

Hi! 

Also having this issue. Can someone reach out? 

Thanks!

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have been trying to solve this problem for the past 3 months or so.  I am setting up my account. I put an invalid phone number at first and realized that and after the fact i tried changing the number.  I will show you what it does.  I put the new number in and then continue it says sorry you have not verifed this number (the wrong number)...Please can somebody clear this number out the memory so can continue!

Hi Steven,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team reached out to you previously regarding this concern. You may check this ticket number: 27458066 and follow-up on the ticket so our team can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
emilyholloway
Community Member

I am having the same issue as well. Can someone reach out and help me? I can't submit a ticket, either.

Hi Emily,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths