🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not able to win project on upwork
Page options
bilalmalikm
Community Member

Not able to win project on upwork

I have 4 years of experience in web development and I joined Upwork in 2016. also, I follow a lot of tutorials and tips for proposals submissions and submit proposals after reading client requirements and also refer to some of my relevant work but nobody even replies to me. I think this is just because I have $0 earning. the client might see that oh he has never get earned so why we select him.

I want to tell you that Upwork chooses me for there rising talent program. but still, I have got no success. 

can somebody tell me what's wrong in my profile? because I am very much disappointed.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01048c401d99900548

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for your message and congratulations on earning Rising Talent status. I reviewed your profile and recent proposals and have some suggestions:

• Consider crafting your profile Overview as a pitch to prospective clients. Focus on how you can help prospective clients achieve their goals.
  • In your proposals:
    • Explain the reason why you submitted a proposal for the particular project. Are you especially interested in the type of work? Did the client describe their ideal candidate and it matches you perfectly? Is the client in an industry you find inspiring? This shows the client you have a sincere interest in their project.
    • Thank the client for taking the time to review your proposal. This demonstrates professionalism and courtesy.
    • Ask for an interview and tell them about your availability to speak. Provide them with a couple different times and days you are available and ask which works for them. If you feel the job doesn’t require an interview, let them know if there are specific hours when you are online when you can answer any questions via chat. This demonstrates initiative and makes it easier for the client to schedule time with you. Anything you can do to make the process easier for the client increases your chance for success.
  • You have a good command of the English language. However, I did notice several misspellings and grammatical errors throughout your profile and proposals. To help add extra polish, consider using a tool like Grammarly. This is the tool I use. It’s free and it works as a Chrome add-on, so it works in your Upwork proposals, profile edits, and Web-based email.

I also curated a short list of articles I think you might find helpful:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths