🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not beeing hired!
Page options
shahanur-ali
Community Member

Not beeing hired!

Hello Guys!

I am Shahanur Ali and I am new to Upwork. I have applied more than 20 jobs but unforetunately I am not beeing hired. Could You please help me to get work in Upwork?

Please review my profile and Suggest me. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
msachalmahar
Community Member

I am also not hired by someone need help. someone can give tips.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
msachalmahar
Community Member

@Muhammad Sachal M wrote:

Try raising your price. If you are any good at what you do, nobody will believe it because your price is too low.

riacruz09
Community Member

Choose which job posts to apply. Just because there's a job post, it doesn't mean that you should apply to every single one of them. Remember that you only have 60 connects or 30 proposals for one month so make every single one count. You should look at the requirements in the job post. If you have them, check how many proposals have been submitted to that post. If not, you can take the risk of applying but be sure you can back it up by actions or previous work. If there are less than 5 proposals submitted, your proposal can be read by the client but anything higher than that won't give you much advantage unless your profile really stands out. Make a personalize yet catchy proposal, and be direct to your point. Most, if not all, clients are busy so they might not read lengthy proposals. Make sure you answer all questions asked in the job post. Don't show tests which have Below Average rating.

Shahanur, if you're really fluent or native/bilingual in English, Latvian, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, and Korean, you should take some Upwork language tests to prove it.

@ Shahanur --

Your English is clearly not Native/Bilingual. In fact, some of the mistakes you make on your profile (grammar, punctuation, idiom) are both basic and kind of amusing. No one who recognizes solid English skills is going to hire you as a skilled writer or tutor of English -- in any of your "category's" -- and most certainly not at $25 an hour.

It's a good bet that potential clients are skeptical of your Wunderkind claims of Native or Fluent skills in all of those other languages, as well. 

Oh! really??????????????????????????????????????/

I am new too and got my first job afew days ago. When writing the proposal i suggest you try be honest, bring out your personality as well as be less formal too. Let the client see that you are a warm person to work with as well as show that you care about the client to solve the problem they have at hand.

Also be patient too, it may take time before you get a job but you will get there. 

versailles
Community Member

@Shahanur A wrote:

I have applied more than 20 jobs but unforetunately I am not beeing hired.

Really? Hard to believe. Clients are so picky these days.

🙂

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
jmeyn
Community Member

@Shahanur A wrote:

Hello Guys!

I am Shahanur Ali and I am new to Upwork. I have applied more than 20 jobs but unforetunately I am not beeing hired. Could You please help me to get work in Upwork?

Please review my profile and Suggest me. Thank you.

Well, English is obviously fluent but not native. This raises questions regarding the other languages you claim to be fluent in. Then all these "below average" test results. Last but not least, no focus. You come across as a "Jack of all trades".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths