🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not being able to complete the contract
Page options
hhk93627
Community Member

Not being able to complete the contract

Hi Upwork clients! I currently have a contract open in which I was communicating almost daily with my client. The job was above my level but I accepted it in the hope that I will do it. But for a few days, I'm feeling that I may not be competent enough to complete this contract and to avoid any loss of time or money for my client, I was thinking of discussing the issues directly with him and coming clean rather than making any lame excuses. How can I avoid feedback if the contract is ended by me or the client? Please consider the following points:

1) Contract price is $50 

2) We both have not been communicating for a month

3) Work is already 60% complete

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Hassan - I think if you won't be able to deliver what you agreed on, then you need to inform your client, with complete honesty, that you won't be able to deliver what he requires.
Please be noted that the client has the right to give you feedback since you have a contract in place, regardless of who ended the contract.
I wouldn't recommend that you end the contract by yourself without informing the client, also, I would recommend that you contact your client ASAP to avoid causing any further delay.

In the future, you may consider not starting any contract without being 100% sure that you'll be able to deliver what's expected.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Why are you addressing this to clients?

In any case, once you have a contract, the client can leave feedback, you can't avoid that. 

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Hassan - I think if you won't be able to deliver what you agreed on, then you need to inform your client, with complete honesty, that you won't be able to deliver what he requires.
Please be noted that the client has the right to give you feedback since you have a contract in place, regardless of who ended the contract.
I wouldn't recommend that you end the contract by yourself without informing the client, also, I would recommend that you contact your client ASAP to avoid causing any further delay.

In the future, you may consider not starting any contract without being 100% sure that you'll be able to deliver what's expected.

I hope this helps!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths