🐈 Community
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not being allowed to post a new job: please h...
Page options
azam0
Community Member

Not being allowed to post a new job: please help!

As a veteran of several freelancer websites, I must say that I am extremely disappointed with upwork. Not a single other one has the multiple issues that upwork has.
I have spent a huge amount of time trying to post a job. However, there is no option allowed anywhere in my interface to post a job. I originally set-up the account as a freelancer, so I'm not sure if that's the reason why I am not being allowed.
After an hour of searching online I discovered the URL https://www.upwork.com/c/jobs/new . However, when I visit that, it merely states: 

You don't currently have access to this page

If you have another account, switch to it and try again.
Or you can visit our home page.

To learn about access privileges, visit our Help Center.

See attached screenshot showing this.

I have tried to contact upwork support, but can't find any option anywhere whatsoever. The only option seems to be the 'Get Support' chat box, but no matter when or how I try it, it is merely a chat bot, one that is the least functional one I've ever used.
Please can you let me know what I can do to post a job?
Also, how can I access upwork customer support please?
Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
812dd08c

Hi Nadeem,

Thank you for your report. I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble posting a job. Firstly, you need to switch to your Client profile by going here. Then you can start posting a job on this page. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
azam0
Community Member

Thank you Arjay for getting back. Much appreciated. I will try what you've suggested.

I don't use any charging service that doesn't have customer service. Further to my query above, how does one get hold of customer service staff at Upwork please?

egaruth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nadeem,

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.
~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't post a job from a freelancer profile. This is by design. 

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Featured Topics
Learning Paths