🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not get jobs.
Page options
afzaal_tanvir
Community Member

Not get jobs.

Hello,

I am new on up work. I come online everyday and stay online I have spent almost 30 connects sending proposals and no one ever replied or responded on my perposals. can anyone look at my profile and tell me what should i do? what need to be fixed?

Regards

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanvir,

Sorry to hear that. I can understand that it can be really hard not winning jobs like you expect to. It can be difficult at first, but you just have to be persistent and not give up. You can update your profile and edit your profile overview, expand it with your new skills and experiences. Take a few tests and add some portfolio items to showcase the new skills you have acquired. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. We could advise you to submit proposals only for jobs you are sure to have the required skills set and experience for. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
resultsassoc
Community Member

I tried to look at your profile, found "Profile Not Public."

I checked again. Its no public

on* public. 

It's not private or on upwork users only. Its public

robric
Community Member

Evidently you are not engaging. Try writing two-short-sentence proposals beginning with "you should hire me because ... ". Marketing is selling benefits, not saying who we are and what we do. My profile is private because I have enough work going forward. With persistance you will get there too.

Thank you. I'll try to be more engaging. My proposals are somewhat long. usually starting with. "Hello how are you doing today?"

re: "My proposals are somewhat long. usually starting with. 'Hello how are you doing today?'"

Seriously: Don't do that.

So how to start?

Could you please provide a few lines which are professional?

That would help me out.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanvir,

Sorry to hear that. I can understand that it can be really hard not winning jobs like you expect to. It can be difficult at first, but you just have to be persistent and not give up. You can update your profile and edit your profile overview, expand it with your new skills and experiences. Take a few tests and add some portfolio items to showcase the new skills you have acquired. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. We could advise you to submit proposals only for jobs you are sure to have the required skills set and experience for. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths