cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Reply from Clients

tahirumair
Umair T Member Since: Dec 11, 2016
1 of 3

I have given certain important tests but I am not getting replies from any client. 

I want to know, where I am doing wrong? 

p_blondbueno
Community Leader
Patricia B Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
2 of 3

Being new in upwork can be frustrating. I started some months ago and I know that first steps are hard but keep trying!

- Make sure your proposals are specific to the job post you apply. Show the clients what you can do for them. You don't have any work history in upwork so it's good to attach some work samples/results for clients you've had out of the platform.

- You should hide the "below average" test results from your profile, it doesn't look proffesional

- Why do you speak about yourself in third person in your profile? Read here in the forum all the "how to get started" posts to help you develop a better profile and proposals, there's a lot already written, it helped me a lot.

Good luck landing in your first project!

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

@Mike O wrote:

I have given certain important tests but I am not getting replies from any client. 

I want to know, where I am doing wrong? 

You are in a very overcrowded category, and your profile is really weak.

• you look deeply dishonest with a location set as Islamabad, USA. Islamabad is not in the USA
  • you seem to have accidentally set your English language skills as fluent when it is clear that they are far from that. This makes you look untrustworthy. Clients will see that you are dishonest about both your location and your English level, and pass you by.
  • Half your test results are below average. Hide them.
  • Drop the "he is" nonsense. You are neither the Queen of England nor Julius Caesar. It makes you look ridiculous

Essentially, your profile is so poor that no client with any sense will even consider you.

Start from scratch, with honest info instead of lies and see if that works. If it does not maybe this is not the platform for you.