🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting accepted
Page options
ec20820c
Community Member

Not getting accepted

I have made 4-5 proposals currently on multiple transcription jobs and I have not been accepted once. I wanted to know if there is something wrong with my cover letter.

I am also providing past work done samples. My cover letter is as follows.

Respected Recruiter,

I read with interest your posting for a transcription. I believe I possess the necessary skills and experience you are seeking.

As my profile indicates, I possess more than 3 years of progressive experience in the transcription field. My professional history includes positions such as being a full-time interview transcriber for a well reputed university in the UK and transcribing various articles for a news website.

I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.

Sincerely,
Hamza Nadeem

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for your message. Do not be discouraged! It can take 20 proposals to win a contract sometimes. I do have a suggestion. You might try tailoring your cover letter to the project you are submitting a proposal to. I would advise against just using a stock letter for every job. You might find these articles helpful:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for your message. Do not be discouraged! It can take 20 proposals to win a contract sometimes. I do have a suggestion. You might try tailoring your cover letter to the project you are submitting a proposal to. I would advise against just using a stock letter for every job. You might find these articles helpful:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths