🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not getting any Response
Page options
chetanycons
Community Member

Not getting any Response

Hi Gurus,

I have creates a profile and trying to Bid, but Not getting any response. Still not successful to get any JOB.

1."Tag of Rising talent " how much this Thing is important, and how to achieve it.

2. Still, I don't have any client, so I don't have any Job completion graph in my profile. how can I make it better than to achieve client, as everywhere its mention to get a good review, But until you didn't get the first job you can't do this ... 

3. Please check my profile and let me know if anything is reaming. 

Thanks in advance 

Chetan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You claim to be an Oracle product consultant, but you list among your skills many entry-level skills such as virtual assistant and data entry. This is not a profile that I can take seriously.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

You claim to be an Oracle product consultant, but you list among your skills many entry-level skills such as virtual assistant and data entry. This is not a profile that I can take seriously.

@Preston H wrote:

Thank Preston H, I will do the needful change, But one thing i want to understand, as I am a new bee here.  I am ready for any kind of job Right now. Is there any Restriction that   A Expert person can't work on entry-level work ? or Should I go only for particular expertise only? 

Or do I need to change my profile for that?

Please clear me because I don't have any idea about Freelancing work now. 

Chetan:

You can claim to have any number of skills.

But when I want to hire an expert, I hire an expert.

If I want to hire an Oracle expert, that's who I hire. I look at skill lists.

If I see somebody is an Oracle expert AND a poet, I'm not interested.

If I see they are an Oracle expert AND a master photographer, I'm not interested.

I look for the person who is serious about what they do.

But that's just me. Maybe other clients don't care about this kind of thing.

I think your profile MOSTLY focuses on your Oracle expertise.

I think it is OKAY to list more than one skill. But when you list things like "data entry" and "virtual assistant"... "Microsoft office"... "email technical support"... "eBay listing/writing"...

These skills are really entry-level stuff. Really kind of makes me want to go elsewhere. If I posted a job and you were the only person who applied, I might hire you. But if I had other choices, I would definitely be more interested in hiring an expert who wasn't trying to do data entry and stuff like that.

undefined:

Chetan:

You can claim to have any number of skills.

But when I want to hire an expert, I hire an expert.

If I want to hire an Oracle expert, that's who I hire. I look at skill lists.

If I see somebody is an Oracle expert AND a poet, I'm not interested.

If I see they are an Oracle expert AND a master photographer, I'm not interested.

I look for the person who is serious about what they do.

But that's just me. Maybe other clients don't care about this kind of thing.

I think your profile MOSTLY focuses on your Oracle expertise.

I think it is OKAY to list more than one skill. But when you list things like "data entry" and "virtual assistant"... "Microsoft office"... "email technical support"... "eBay listing/writing"...

These skills are really entry-level stuff. Really kind of makes me want to go elsewhere. If I posted a job and you were the only person who applied, I might hire you. But if I had other choices, I would definitely be more interested in hiring an expert who wasn't trying to do data entry and stuff like that.

OK 's Preston, 

I will keep in mind. 

petra_r
Community Member

@Chetan Y wrote:

Further to what Preston pointed out, clients are very reluctant to work with freelancers they perceive as dishonest. You claim to have "native or bilingual English skills" which is obviously untrue or delusional.

@Petra R wrote:

@Chetan Y wrote:

Further to what Preston pointed out, clients are very reluctant to work with freelancers they perceive as dishonest. You claim to have "native or bilingual English skills" which is obviously untrue or delusional.

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your advice, But as per my knowledge if my second language is English, so I can use this "native or bilingual English skills", that is True that it's not my native But I hop I can use Bilingual Skills.

Please Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again!

Native or Bilingual: I write and speak this language perfectly, including colloquialisms

this is upwork's definition, which you saw when you checked that box. No, you are not there yet, so don't use it. Your English skills are the first thing the client will notice, in your proposa and in your profile. 

If you want to create a good impression, you will never exaggerate your skills, and doing so when it is so easily detected, is just not a very good idea. 

re: "But as per my knowledge if my second language is English, so I can use this "native or bilingual English skills", that is True that it's not my native But I hop I can use Bilingual Skills.

Please Correct me if I am wrong."

It is an understandable mistake. But that's not what "native or bilingual" means here. When we use this phrase, we are referring to people who are native speakers of a language or whose skill in their second language is so good that they speak the language as well as a native speaker.

When you specify your language proficiency, Upwork even provides a guide identifying their intended meaning for each term.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 2.14.15 AM.png

Are you absolutely certain that you speak English perfectly? Because others who are reading what you have written in this thread are not so sure about that.

And, really, I don't think most clients care if an Oracle product expert speaks English perfectly. Or has "native or bilingual"-level English language skill.

I have hired over 80 freelancers, mostly for artistic and technical expertise. I rarely even look at their English language proficiency because it doesn't matter for the work I am hiring them for. In fact, I often don't even care if a freelancer speaks English at all. Some of the best artwork I have received from Upwork freelancers has been from freelancers who speak almost no English and (I assume) had to have somebody help them understand my written assignments.

eebrait
Community Member

Please may I ask....Could you check my profile? I am not getting any bites and not sure why. I am a real designer and I have a portfolio.  Would love to get some advice to get some gigs through UW.

Thanks!

Eli

martina_plaschka
Community Member

take a few more tests, and show only good results, nothing that is below average. That just does not look good an a resume. 

@Martina P wrote:

take a few more tests, and show only good results, nothing that is below average. That just does not look good an a resume. 

Thanks Martina , 

I will Keep this in my mind and try to Clear more exam as possible.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths