🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting any interviews
Page options
prasann-shah
Community Member

Not getting any interviews

Hello, I am new to Upwork, and although I have gotten one invite, I haven't gotten invites for any jobs that I have applied for. I am particularly looking for jobs related to Microsoft Excel, financial analysis, and business valuation. My profile is 100% complete. I have given relevant tests. Also, I have uploaded relevant projects for my portfolio. I have submitted 16 proposals but have got no response. The bidding is also commensurate with the average bid or slightly lower.

Please suggest if there is something else I could improve on. so that I could win projects Thank you and have a nice day!

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Prasann,

When you submit a proposal, it doesn't alway guarantee that a client will hire you for a project. I understand that it can be difficult at first to land a job, but don't give up sending proposals. Please check out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Member

@Prasann S wrote:

Hello, I am new to Upwork, and although I have gotten one invite, I haven't gotten invites for any jobs that I have applied for. I am particularly looking for jobs related to Microsoft Excel, financial analysis, and business valuation. My profile is 100% complete. I have given relevant tests. Also, I have uploaded relevant projects for my portfolio. I have submitted 16 proposals but have got no response. The bidding is also commensurate with the average bid or slightly lower.

Please suggest if there is something else I could improve on. so that I could win projects Thank you and have a nice day!

Prasann,

Be careful not to apply for jobs that "will do" to get your foot in the door. It does take time, but you should be looking at quality job offers and top-end clients to match your high-level profile. Don't rely only on your job feed for appropriate projects. use the filters.

The first two or three lines of your overview (and your proposal) are the most important for they are the only thing that the client sees to begin with. So to grab his or her attention, start with the things you can offer a client, not with your own background and qualifications. Highlight your skills such as, credit monitoring, cash projection, analysis etc., in the first paragraph. Only concentrate on what you can offer a client. If they want to know more about your educational and work background they will scroll down further on your page. 

(Be careful too of anyone who wants to interview you on Google hangouts, this is about 100% likely to be a scam.)  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths