🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting direct job invites
Page options
amit_siwach
Community Member

Not getting direct job invites

Hello Everyone,

I have started my Freelancing journey on upwork recently. I recently crossed earning of $1K+. I have JSS of 90%. My profile is 100% complete.I have total 12 ratings on my profile, 11 out of those are 5* rating. But I am not getting any direct job invite from client. 

On jobs where I apply, I see - Client has sent invites to 'n' no. of people. But I am not getting any direct invite. 

Kindly guide what I have to do for getting direct invites.

Would be tahnkful to you!

Regards,

Amit Kumar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Amit,

I understand that you are concerned about not getting invites to your account so far.  Search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. That way we want to make sure that every professional gets a chance to be discovered and every client finds what they are looking for. Please know that you are welcome to submit proposals to jobs you're interested in aside from responding to invites. At this time, it might be best to proactively apply to jobs posted while waiting for invites. You might want to check out the resources here to help you update your profile and increase your chances of getting noticed by clients. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Amit,

I understand that you are concerned about not getting invites to your account so far.  Search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. That way we want to make sure that every professional gets a chance to be discovered and every client finds what they are looking for. Please know that you are welcome to submit proposals to jobs you're interested in aside from responding to invites. At this time, it might be best to proactively apply to jobs posted while waiting for invites. You might want to check out the resources here to help you update your profile and increase your chances of getting noticed by clients. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for the response. I agree with your point. You explained that Upwork makes sure that every professional gets chance to be discovered. I agree but I have completed 12 jobs.  I have total $ 1k+ earning. I have approx 4.95 star rating. For all the 12 hires, I have submitted proposals. I also have not got even a single invite in last 4 months. I also deserve to a chance to be discovered by clients. New accounts which has completed 1 or 2 jobs get invites, but not me. I couldn't understand the logic & sometime leads to frustrations for my profile not being promoted to clients.

Thanks!
Amit Kumar

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths