🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting hired or interviewed
Page options
ahmedkhamker
Community Member

Not getting hired or interviewed

Hi there,

I recently joined Upwork and got my profile set up. I sent a few proposals but none of them received any reply. Then I found **Edited for Community Guidelines** website and read a few articles over there about how to win jobs and succeed on Upwork. Currently, I am writing the best proposals I can and I get an average of 2-5 views per day on my profile (I guess thats average for a newly started freelancer), but I am not getting interviewed or hired at all. I think there is something wrong in my profile which is turning away clients I am not sure. If someone could help me find the problem in my profile it would be great.

All feedback is welcome. Have a nice day

Best Regards

4 REPLIES 4
voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Ahmed,

Your story is a very common one among those who are new to UW. However, you shouldn't give up and go on. I have looked through your profile and I think the title is not the best one you can have. Think something more professional, same concerns to the overview. Consider removing the test with a low score and take other tests to let the client feel that you can fulfil their expectations.
Also, when applying for jobs make sure to pay attention to the client's hire rate and feedback. Make sure you don't have to deal with someone who doesn't hire for most of the jobs posted or someone who makes problems for freelancers.
Include some examples in your cover letter, answer the questions if any, ask questions if any.

Hope this helps!

mehranattari
Community Member

Hi bro, Welcome to UpWork Smiley Happy

The first question, are those logoes and designs really yours? If it's not yours please don't use it. This is the first step you should take. Because looking at your profile description and then portfolio, looks like you are kidding.. (please don't mind).

The second step which I noticed is your tag line. Change it to yours, not your service, (but it should include your service).

The third thing is, try to give a little bit of your history (about 3 lines at most, if possible), and then pin-point what you can deliever. I mean, your services.

Note: These tips are from my personal experience, I am not guaranteing you, whether it'll work or not. Because projects mostly depends on the professionalism in your proposal.

Thanks for asking...

Best Wishes.

silw
Community Member

First of all, you shouldn't claim to speak English fluently, while your profile text is packed with mistakes or false wording.
It doesn't take too much of an effort to create a profile text that looks more or less professional.

Secondly, your work lacks presentation. Right now its 50 examples all on the same mockup.
Better reduce your portfolio to 3-5 strong examples, and present them in the best way possible.
If you don`t know how to do so, google some of the most of successful graphic designers and check their Behance profile. Re-do what you see and close the gap between your work and theirs.

Third and last tip: Currently you are in the super-low payment sector. You will have a hard time to stand out to the rest of the low-rate freelancers, that all have work looking similar to yours.

-Make a professional Profile text
-close the gap to pros
-raise your hourly rate drastically

In case you are having problems to write your proposals using English, maybe get a program that assists you.
On those changes, I can guarantee you that they work.

Thanks for the comments and tips. I'll make sure the required changes are made.

Best

Ahmed

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths