🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting hired
Page options
tashfia-96
Community Member

Not getting hired

Hello, I am new to Upwork, and with the current job climate, I really need any gig I can get. I know clients aren't likely to hire if you haven't had any job yet. How do I overcome this? In order to get a job history and ratings/feedback/experience, I need to get hired first, but no client will take that chance on me. I have submitted a few proposals, but I will run out of connects soon. Also, if a certain client is offering a high hourly rate range, but I am okay with a much lower rate, should I bid a higher rate so the client knows I am good enough for that, or should I bid the lower rate so the client is attracted to the low cost, but risk that some clients will take me as an ameteur and move on?

1 REPLY 1
jameabit
Community Member

Thanks for becoming a member of Upwork. For getting hired you need to have a professional Upwork profile with a good description and portfolios. I will say you to make a more professional profile and add some portfolios. 

While applying to a job, try to write some necessary lines based on the job description. You may suggest the buyer a better tool that you are gonna use for him. Even you can ask some pointed questions to your buyer. Thus buyers get interested to contact the applier for discussing more for the project. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths