🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting job
Page options
nure76
Community Member

Not getting job

I have created my upwork account three months ago. My profile is 100%. Last two months I've applied for many jobs, but I don't get any response from clients. Still I'm trying my best for getting first job. I don't know where is my lacking.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2f5ff562
Community Member

Gettin jobs here it´s NOT easy, there are around 1,000 new freelancers coming in daily, there are thousands of clients, some of them aren´t even real, there are people outside buying fake accounts, fake reviews, etc.

I´m sorry to break this down for you like this but, you have to be more selective on everything, your portfolio looks good, but it´s all the same, screenshots of photoshop or illustrator, try to include JUST the most outsanding jobs you have made, for actual clients, try keeping personal projects at minimun, i have like 2 of them on  my profile and like 10 of real clients. PLEASE... rise your rate.... if you don´t take your work serious, how will clients do??!!.
Be selective on the proposals you apply for, like a sniper hehe, i am not yet a SUCCESFUL freelancer i am still making my way up, but i can surely point out a few things to help you, so don´t apply for everything be selective dont let frustration take over, be patient use your connects wisely, tweak your profile until something works, move your availability, do more tests, read Upwork material on how to be a better freelancer, and keep trying...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nure76
Community Member

I have created my upwork account more than three months ago. My profile is 100%. Last two months I've applied for many jobs, but I don't get any response from clients. Still I'm trying my best for getting first job. I don't know where is my lacking. Please give some suggestions for getting first job.
2f5ff562
Community Member

Gettin jobs here it´s NOT easy, there are around 1,000 new freelancers coming in daily, there are thousands of clients, some of them aren´t even real, there are people outside buying fake accounts, fake reviews, etc.

I´m sorry to break this down for you like this but, you have to be more selective on everything, your portfolio looks good, but it´s all the same, screenshots of photoshop or illustrator, try to include JUST the most outsanding jobs you have made, for actual clients, try keeping personal projects at minimun, i have like 2 of them on  my profile and like 10 of real clients. PLEASE... rise your rate.... if you don´t take your work serious, how will clients do??!!.
Be selective on the proposals you apply for, like a sniper hehe, i am not yet a SUCCESFUL freelancer i am still making my way up, but i can surely point out a few things to help you, so don´t apply for everything be selective dont let frustration take over, be patient use your connects wisely, tweak your profile until something works, move your availability, do more tests, read Upwork material on how to be a better freelancer, and keep trying...

nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Nure,

While we won't be able to advice agencies and clients with how they select freelancers, you can definitely create a proposal and a profile that would make you stand out from everyone else.

You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Let me know if you need anything else.

~ Riri
raina5
Community Member

the best advice I have is three words. Don't Give Up. 

akbgill
Community Member

Greate quote

akbgill
Community Member

Hi Nure A I see your Profile. You also mention your lead generation experience in job. My advice to you is you should apply on Lead generation. I m also doing Lead generation related jobs. I join Upwork 5 months ago. I win my First job in 2nd month. Now, I have 4 continue jobs with three 3 completed jobs. So, you should try here If you have experience of this. There are many oppertunties in Lead generation field.

Thank you,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths