🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not getting jobs on Upwork
Page options
delanock
Community Member

Not getting jobs on Upwork

Hey,
So I have been on Upwork for 2 months. The first month went pretty well with 3 invites and decent profile views but the current month I'm not getting any profile views nor I'm getting any jobs with my proposals. It is quite frustrating. Could maybe someone review my profile and see what changes I may have to make? Or if there are any tips you guys could offer..
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
pponso
Community Member

Hello,

I went through your profile, I think, you should add your experience and skils at the begining of your about, this will help client to identify your skills, also give some more tests related to your skills and try to score top 10%...

While writting proposal, very carefully, try to understand the client's requirement and then at the begining of the proposal, ask him several questions about the job you may have....

Also, mention your skills, which are very relavant to the job, mention some of your previous relavant work and mention everything in the proposal, that your client has mentioned in the job post, this will ensure that you have read complete job post...

Write custom proposal, don't use premade templates, if you'are doing so...

I hope this helps! Please Kudos and Mark this comment as solution, if you're satisfied...

All the best!

Robin H wrote:

Hello,

I went through your profile, I think, you should add your experience and skils at the begining of your about, this will help client to identify your skills, also give some more tests related to your skills and try to score top 10%...

While writting proposal, very carefully, try to understand the client's requirement and then at the begining of the proposal, ask him several questions about the job you may have....

Also, mention your skills, which are very relavant to the job, mention some of your previous relavant work and mention everything in the proposal, that your client has mentioned in the job post, this will ensure that you have read complete job post...

Write custom proposal, don't use premade templates, if you'are doing so...

I hope this helps! Please Kudos and Mark this comment as solution, if you're satisfied...

All the best!

Don't do that, ever!

Never ask for kudos or to be marked as solution, that is soooo lame!

delanock
Community Member

Thanks does makes sence what you had mentioned. But I feel my Profile ends up not getting viewd at the end of the day judging from my stats although my proposals are pretty detailed and proffesional. I guess it all boils down to trial and error.

petra_r
Community Member

Delano K wrote:

Thanks does makes sence what you had mentioned. But I feel my Profile ends up not getting viewd at the end of the day judging from my stats although my proposals are pretty detailed and proffesional. I guess it all boils down to trial and error.

Redo the start of your profile. Clients only see the first line, which you are wasting completely, which is probably why you are not being clicked on.

A history of $ 5 contracts also looks bad. It makes clients think you are either an amateur or are just using stock logos / an app.

A warning: Any "arranged" jobs (your friend "hiring you" and giving you feedback) is a GREAT way to get kicked off the platform (both you and your client(s)). Nobody believes some random client (who just happens to be from your city) signs up to Upwork and finds your profile among the hundreds of thousands of Graphic Design freelancers and invites you and only you.

delanock
Community Member

Thanks for your feedback and I would defintly change the start of my profile as you mentioned! Getting started on upwork is hard so I had an offer up on my profile saying first 4 clinets will get any logo for 5 $ to kick things of hense.... Although I resolved this using a plus accounts where I get to hide my earnings..atleast thats what I think. And whatever freelnace jobs I get in the city through friends and family I would not do through upwork when I would lose money doing so which would be really stupid so that option is out of the equation.

petra_r
Community Member

Delano K wrote:

Although I resolved this using a plus accounts where I get to hide my earnings..atleast thats what I think.

That resolves nothing. Any client you apply to sees your history.

And anyone else can, too, if they know how to find it. Hiding your earnings makes you look like you are trying to hide something.

Delano K wrote:

And whatever freelnace jobs I get in the city through friends and family I would not do through upwork when I would lose money doing so which would be really stupid so that option is out of the equation.

Right, so we are to believe that client from your city just happened to sign up, find your profile among hundreds of thousands of profiles and thought to himself "Oh, I will invite this freelancer I found on page 412 of the search results, and invite him and only him..."

Likely story, right?

delanock
Community Member

Well these clients are first of all not from my city and second of all Ill be more than happy to send my screenshots of my messages with my clients to you just to prove my point if you would like. I dont see the point in fake stories. I make good enough money in the real world.

Yes i got the invites from 3 clients and I messaged them and they liked what I had to say and hired me and liked my work thats what happned. I used a tactic to my first 4 clients of giving them a price of 5 dollars(these where from my proposals/connects) as It would build from there showing that I can do a good job which would bring in more clients and second of all clients dont have the time to go through eveything in my profile to care how much I charged for my ealrier projects as long as my work is good also I have no profile views this month so the priceing has nothignt o do with it. Idk what you are getting out of making acquisition against me. According to me its a smart way to to get a head start on Upwork. And I am into advertising and digital media so I think I know how things work..just that Im very new to upwork and wanted to know what changes and helpful tips I could get to make my profile more visible but would definlty take your points into consideration as you have 9 years experince on this site, ty.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths