🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting jobs
Page options
jdesigners
Community Member

Not getting jobs

Hello ,

Can anyone please review my profile and see whats wrong with it  because i am not getting jobs and it's been a month .I have taken some tests according to my skills and scored  Top 20% and Top 30% and also  added my portfolio and also submitted  at least 7 proposals  but didn't get any response  or a job . Please help me with this.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Junaid K wrote:

Hello ,

Can anyone please review my profile and see whats wrong with it  because i am not getting jobs and it's been a month .I have taken some tests according to my skills and scored  Top 20% and Top 30% and also  added my portfolio

Your portfolio is, with all due respect, completely off-putting. Why are you working with completely distorted images?

To show portait retouching, you need to start with a proper photo, not a distorted, already overprogressed mess!

dsmgdesign
Community Member

Hi, Junaid, 

I would would agree with Petra on the images. I would take a look at those and be sure they are at the right dimensions for uploading to your Pwork portfolio. Also consider raising your rates. If you market yourself as a professional your rate should mirror that. 

Also, 7 proposals is not a lot.  I sent about 40 proposals before I got my first job. Be patient and apply to jobs that are consistent with your specialization to start.

Good Luck. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths