🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not getting paid
Page options
samiqbal18
Community Member

Not getting paid

Hi I am new on Upwork on last month i have done an hourly job and get paid $42 but its not show on my pending earning neither on my account.Don't know why

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "How can i get my money back?"

You probably can't get your money back.

re: "Is there any process?"

There is no button you can click, or Upwork "process" that you can go through to get your money back.

The only alternative you have at this point is to contact the client herself and ask her to pay you that money using the Pay Bonus tool.

You could point out that due to Upwork's rules, she does not own the work you did for her and she is now allowed to use it in any way, unless she pays for the work.

If the payment was reversed because the client's credit card payment was declined, then she will need to set up a new payment method in order to pay you for the work you did.

Getting your money back is not a very likely scenario, but you are welcome to try.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "i have done an hourly job and get paid $42 but its not show on my pending earning neither on my account."

Do you mean to say:

a) "I did an hourly job and I expect to be paid $42. But I have not been paid at all."

[or]

b) "I did an hourly job. I DID GET PAID $42. I have received this money. But I don't see the money listed in my "pending payments" box here: Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

[or]

c) something else?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samra, 

I checked your account and can see in your Transactions History page that this transaction has been reversed. Please refer to this notification about the reversal made on your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

How can i get my money back is there any process?

re: "How can i get my money back?"

You probably can't get your money back.

re: "Is there any process?"

There is no button you can click, or Upwork "process" that you can go through to get your money back.

The only alternative you have at this point is to contact the client herself and ask her to pay you that money using the Pay Bonus tool.

You could point out that due to Upwork's rules, she does not own the work you did for her and she is now allowed to use it in any way, unless she pays for the work.

If the payment was reversed because the client's credit card payment was declined, then she will need to set up a new payment method in order to pay you for the work you did.

Getting your money back is not a very likely scenario, but you are welcome to try.

conceptz18
Community Member

I have done my job but not pending amount is not credited in my upwork account.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ranjan, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the payment for your recently closed contract is currently under the Pending tab on your Overview page (Reports > Overview). 

Your earnings on Upwork are processed according to the Weekly Billing cycle. Payments released for fixed-price contracts go through a 5-day security period and will be available to you once the security period is over. 

For this payment, it will be available in your account on 13-April once the security period is over.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths