🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not getting response from client.
Page options
kunalkishore13
Community Member

Not getting response from client.

Hi all,
I am regularly applying jobs as per my desired skills but not getting any response from client I am new to Upwork might be this is the reason. I have followed all the necessary steps for creating profile and proposals but not getting any response, so it's my request all of you who seeing this message please go through my profile and let me know if I need to change anything in my profile.
Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Kunal, when a client first sees your profile, they only see the first two or three lines.  Don't waste those lines by introducing yourself.  Go straight to your experience and expertise.  Your background before you came to Upwork is important, especially when you are new.

The same thing is true for proposals - the client only sees the first couple of lines.  Be sure to address the client's needs and how you are the right guy to help them.

We were all new and it does, indeed, take a while to get going.  It can't hurt to take some Upwork tests in your specialties - just be sure to hide any scores which are below average.

Thanks Mary for replying.
If you see my profile I have immediately come to my technical skills after first line, still I need to change anything? Or just wait for the right time to get the response?
Thanks
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you're not getting work right now, it sounds like you have time to work on your portfolio.

Thanks Preston for replying.
If you see my profile I have immediately come to my technical skills after first line, still I need to change anything? Or just wait for the right time to get the response?
Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths