🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Not getting success to get work on Upwork
Page options
sara_abb
Community Member

Not getting success to get work on Upwork

Hi,
I am new to Upwork , regularly applying jobs according to the skills of my Profile. I got some job invities also. Not getting true success. Pls suggest whats going wrong ?
2 REPLIES 2
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Shweta,

I see you are a little bit upset. Making a career in Upwork takes time, you have the potential, what you need is presenting yourself in a better way.

As a community member I want to give you some tips that may help:

1) I see your profile. the title "high-quality software, delightful UX" doesn't state clearly what you are capable of.  Are you a software developer? or a UX designer?. Do you get my point?

2) Profile description is too brief. You should be more specific about your expertise, experience and above all why clients will hire you. 

3) As you are very new, so your portfolio item should be more specific and visually appealing. I see the first item "RUI chat". You describe the app but didn't mention what you did exactly for that app. What was your function there, if the client wants to check, where they can find it.

4) Besides, you may have studied how to write a good proposal. You can learn from here:

https://www.upwork.com/hiring/education/getting-started-for-freelancers/

I hope and wish you a bright career in Upwork. 

Thanks

Sagar 

Thanx Sagar . Your suggestion will help me to improve my Upwork Profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths